Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Change out the factory head unit to something with an EQ and Staging it makes a huge
difference.
I am running stock speakers with a Pioneer AVIC-D3 with the built in crossover and
high pass filter it sounds great.

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
:simmadown:
The JL Audio 8W1v2-4 8" subwoofer is low-profile and it fits with no problems.
Do you think a 8" W7 would be too large to try and place in the factory box?

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Change out the factory head unit to something with an EQ and Staging it makes a huge
difference.
I am running stock speakers with a Pioneer AVIC-D3 with the built in crossover and
high pass filter it sounds great.

This is true, if you have a good headunit you might like your subwoofer/speaker system a lot better.

·
Premium Member
4,045 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,045 Posts
Would this work without an external amp and just pop out the old and in with the new. I don't care for super wattage and crazy thump, just want a little better than stock. Thnx
Not recommended. Just save your money because you will be disappointed. The built-in amplifier will not be able to drive the JL Audio subwoofer.

·
Premium Member
428 Posts

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
If you swap out the sub in the factory box, you have to make sure the sub is designed for a ported enclosure and will perform properly with the volume of the factory sub box, in addition to making sure the mounting depth is right.

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
I'm not really audio savvy, can someone explain the difference between the 4 ohm and 8 ohm JL Audio 8W1V2? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,045 Posts

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
This link is good reference about:

Ohms, Amps and Speakers
Thanks! :bigthumb:

Edit: Does anyone know how many watts the stock subwoofer puts out? I'm trying to decided if the JL 8W1V2 4 ohm will be enough or if I should save up and go with a forum vendor box w/10" sub. Thanks in advance!

21 - 33 of 33 Posts