Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

401 - 420 of 422 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #402
Perfect fit! Thank you @umami for the hose guard. Slid right on like butter.

On a side note I’m due for an oil change. I checked back on my records and I have put on only 5k miles over the last 14 months and I am thinking of getting a Prius for a daily driver too. At this rate, The FJ will be around for a long time.

·
Premium Member
10,851 Posts
Perfect fit! Thank you @umami for the hose guard. Slid right on like butter.

On a side note I’m due for an oil change. I checked back on my records and I have put on only 5k miles over the last 14 months and I am thinking of getting a Prius for a daily driver too. At this rate, The FJ will be around for a long time.
G'Day LB,
I need some of those rubber covers !!!! for my Kings.... where did @umami , get em from ...any idea ?
Thanks
Cheers
Baz
:blueblob:

ps, don't go all eco on us ....a prius ....OMG........:rofl::rofl:

·
Premium Member
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #404
G'Day LB,
I need some of those rubber covers !!!! for my Kings.... where did @umami , get em from ...any idea ?
Thanks
Cheers
Baz
:blueblob:

ps, don't go all eco on us ....a prius ....OMG........:rofl::rofl:
You can PM him for details.

Looking at a new daily commute of 230 miles round trip 4 days a week :mecry:

·
Premium Member
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #410
I haven’t updated this thread in a while since all has been quiet on the build due to work and family. It doesn’t get taken out to play much anymore but it is still getting some love with a new face lift...plate bumper to replace the tube bumper. The bumper is ready and will be shipped next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Wow! Well done on your build there! I'm looking at places to take mine stock but your mods are very nice. I was going to price your front bumper until you said they're no longer made. If there's anything similar I may consider it. Wild deer, hogs, coyotes, and cows are running rampant where I currently drive. Yes, I say when the cows get out of the fencing they're "wild" and I don't mess with them. However someone not from the area out for a country drive thinks it's a good idea to just honk the horn to get it to move. Well people they just walk right up to you expecting food because that's how the ranchers get them to come close to feed them. *facepalm*

That iceberg FJ looks fantastic! Is that a slim snorkel on it? Where did your antennae go? With all of the mods I'm curious as to how much that cost you. I'm in awe of your skill! Congratulations and thanks for sharing.

·
Premium Member
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #412
Wow! Well done on your build there! I'm looking at places to take mine stock but your mods are very nice. I was going to price your front bumper until you said they're no longer made. If there's anything similar I may consider it. Wild deer, hogs, coyotes, and cows are running rampant where I currently drive. Yes, I say when the cows get out of the fencing they're "wild" and I don't mess with them. However someone not from the area out for a country drive thinks it's a good idea to just honk the horn to get it to move. Well people they just walk right up to you expecting food because that's how the ranchers get them to come close to feed them. *facepalm*

That iceberg FJ looks fantastic! Is that a slim snorkel on it? Where did your antennae go? With all of the mods I'm curious as to how much that cost you. I'm in awe of your skill! Congratulations and thanks for sharing.

Thank you for taking the time to check out this build. Trailworx still will make the tube bumper if you ask him. This new one is a plated “hybrid” bumper.

As for running into wildlife your best bet is probably the ARB bumper or the Road Armor Stealth Titan 2. They are both very heavy though.

The snorkel is from Off road garage. I deleted my antennae since I have no use for it. Otherwise the snorkel will come with a hole where the antennae is supposed to be. I ordered mines 3 years ago and he made it custom for me at no extra cost but I hear he is now charging to make any changes that you want.

I have no idea how much I spent already but it’s better this way lest my wife finds out.

Some days I wished I left it stock. Less to go wrong and less maintenance. You just need better tires on a stock FJ to explore then mod as needed. Best of luck to you.

·
Premium Member
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #414 (Edited)
Why'd you decide to switch bumpers? Your tube bumper was selling me on tubes and now you're switching?! (╯ಠ_ಠ)╯︵ ┻━┻

It’s purely for more security. I park in a sketchy area at work and have to park it outside at my other home because it doesn’t fit in the garage. With everything exposed in a tube bumper it’s more inviting to wandering eyes. In fact I was able to strip the lights on the bumper and remove the winch in about 20 mins getting it ready to swap bumpers. I’m surprised sometimes why no one has ripped anything off of it so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #418 (Edited)
NEW TRAILWORX BUMPER

Delivery came yesterday

After putting the kiddo to sleep, I was able to swap out the bumpers last night. Most of what needed to be done was already done because of my previous tube bumper install. Just needed to remove the side bracket holding the headlight and cut the bottom headlight bracket.

Side bracket to the frame for reinforcement during winching duties

I left the winch off until I can get a second pair of hands to lift the bumper into place with the winch installed.

My old tube bumper

Thinking about some BD squadron pros behind the grill using the Caliber 9 brackets.

·
Premium Member
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #420 (Edited)
Really like the new bumper. Is it custom?

Thanks! He’ll make it the way you want it. The original base of this bumper design was a hybrid with tubes on the wings and plate in the middle. He plated the wings. It’s his newest design and I was the first to order :grin

Somehow my front end looks less bulky than before and the new bumper probably weighs (70-80lbs) a tad more than the tube bumper.

401 - 420 of 422 Posts