Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

441 - 460 of 475 Posts

·
MOAB SUPERSTAR
6,559 Posts
It really does look great - and you’ll be so pleased with how the ambers cut through fog, rain, and that huge amount of snow you get down there....?

·
Premium Member
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #446 ·
It really does look great - and you’ll be so pleased with how the ambers cut through fog, rain, and that huge amount of snow you get down there....?
Negative on all those conditions here in so cal :ROFLMAO: but dust on the trail is really bad. I’m sure the amber lighting will be better for dust.

anyway thanks for following along. I think after almost 5 years that’s a wrap on this build.

·
Premium Member
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #448 ·
Never say never..... but I get it, and your build it s at a real good place right now?
The kiddo is getting older now. Next year i want to focus on using the FJ more for what it was built for instead of just tinkering around with it all the time in the garage. Hopefully I can make it to Moab and summit next year.

·
Owner: G3 Offroad
2,189 Posts
Very . clean build . Next year you should join the Skunks on the Run Moab - ?

·
Premium Member
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #450 ·
That sounds like an awesome adventure but my skill level is not good enough for the rubicon or fordyce. I started this around the time iconic and deb did but as you can see they are heads and toes above me right now. I’ve been on an almost two year hiatus from off-roading due to a newborn. In the meantime I will just enjoy those trails vicariously through you guys aka the “big boys and “big girls.”

·
Premium Member
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #452 ·
Social distancing Sunday:

I went out with my buddy this morning who has a Ford Raptor and I made a short clip. Never made a video before but I used iMovie on my iPhone. I did make it up that very steep hill at the end. It was actually steeper than it looks and tilted towards the driver side. I was spinning sideways there but I backed down a little and took a different line and pushed all of my magic buttons to make it up slow and steady

Disclaimer: there is one swear word at the end when my buddy is commentating. I don’t know how to cut it out unfortunately.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Dude, I inhaled your entire build thread over the course of a couple of days, taking meticulous notes. Thanks for taking the time to put up all the details that went in to making the beauty of your FJ. I truly appreciate it, and can't wait to get started on mine. Please don't be mad if you see a sandstorm FJ with a lot of similar qualities! lol. Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #454 ·
Dude, I inhaled your entire build thread over the course of a couple of days, taking meticulous notes. Thanks for taking the time to put up all the details that went in to making the beauty of your FJ. I truly appreciate it, and can't wait to get started on mine. Please don't be mad if you see a sandstorm FJ with a lot of similar qualities! lol. Thanks again!
Thank you my friend. Build threads are meant to help each other and foster new ideas. If you found some use out of it then it already served its purpose?

·
Premium Member
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #456 ·
The S1’s are awesome and further enhance about my favourite build. Hope you get as much or more fun using it over the next few years and then I’ll follow the mods that come out of that!
Likewise. I’m mighty jealous of that off-road trailer you got there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #457 ·
Over the course of 5 years I have bought the OEM replacement twice so I thought I would go with a couple of these. Guess what color I purchased?

Link is below of the seller if anyone is interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

441 - 460 of 475 Posts