Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

441 - 452 of 452 Posts

·
MOAB SUPERSTAR
5,990 Posts
It really does look great - and you’ll be so pleased with how the ambers cut through fog, rain, and that huge amount of snow you get down there....🤪

·
Premium Member
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #446
It really does look great - and you’ll be so pleased with how the ambers cut through fog, rain, and that huge amount of snow you get down there....🤪
Negative on all those conditions here in so cal :ROFLMAO: but dust on the trail is really bad. I’m sure the amber lighting will be better for dust.

anyway thanks for following along. I think after almost 5 years that’s a wrap on this build.

·
Premium Member
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #448
Never say never..... but I get it, and your build it s at a real good place right now👍
The kiddo is getting older now. Next year i want to focus on using the FJ more for what it was built for instead of just tinkering around with it all the time in the garage. Hopefully I can make it to Moab and summit next year.

·
Premium Member
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #450
That sounds like an awesome adventure but my skill level is not good enough for the rubicon or fordyce. I started this around the time iconic and deb did but as you can see they are heads and toes above me right now. I’ve been on an almost two year hiatus from off-roading due to a newborn. In the meantime I will just enjoy those trails vicariously through you guys aka the “big boys and “big girls.”

·
Premium Member
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #452
Social distancing Sunday:

I went out with my buddy this morning who has a Ford Raptor and I made a short clip. Never made a video before but I used iMovie on my iPhone. I did make it up that very steep hill at the end. It was actually steeper than it looks and tilted towards the driver side. I was spinning sideways there but I backed down a little and took a different line and pushed all of my magic buttons to make it up slow and steady

Disclaimer: there is one swear word at the end when my buddy is commentating. I don’t know how to cut it out unfortunately.

441 - 452 of 452 Posts