·
Premium Member
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #62

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts
Re: Loganbeere's Ghost Build

I asked for another FJ for my birthday but the wife got me this instead.

It looks like a pretty cool shovel for when I need to dig myself out.

As a bonus she also ordered me the Dometic CFX-40US fridge so now I can put the dual battery to use.
Pretty sure that shovel could come in handy against zombies too. :surprise

Got any idea yet where your fridge will be mounted?

·
Premium Member
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #64

Pretty sure that shovel could come in handy against zombies too. :surprise

Got any idea yet where your fridge will be mounted?

Passenger side in the back because that's where I placed the 12V port coming from my second battery. Not sure how to secure it yet. Planning on doing longer road trips this year so the fridge will come in handy. How do you like the Indel B so far? I looked at the Indel B but some people on Tacoma world complained about the lid not closing tight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts

Passenger side in the back because that's where I placed the 12V port coming from my second battery. Not sure how to secure it yet. Planning on doing longer road trips this year so the fridge will come in handy. How do you like the Indel B so far? I looked at the Indel B but some people on Tacoma world complained about the lid not closing tight.
Cool, similar to mine. The Dometic looks like a good option with some nice features. My Indel B is doing great so far, but the exterior is a little cheap feeling IMO. But for the price I'm not complaining at all. Not sure what thread you saw that in but I've stopped watching some of them. Thanks for the heads up on the lid, I didn't know that. Mine seems fine. I've been getting lazy and leaving the fridge in the FJC full-time instead of taking it out after trips. I only power it when I use it though.

·
MOAB SUPERSTAR
5,759 Posts

I asked for another FJ for my birthday but the wife got me this instead.

It looks like a pretty cool shovel for when I need to dig myself out.

As a bonus she also ordered me the Dometic CFX-40US fridge so now I can put the dual battery to use.

Very cool shovel....and Happy Bday! Your build is looking amazing :rocker:

·
Premium Member
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #68

My ghetto fridge strap down setup:

I received notice today that my Dometic fridge is arriving this Friday so I came up with this cheap rail system to strap down the fridge.

First to Home Depot to get some wood

Cut them down to 40in and screw on some fasteners

Takes 2 mins to clip them onto the 4 factory hold down loops in the rear

Once the fridge gets here I will know where to place these on my wooden rail system. These are what the straps will go through.

Then strap the fridge down with these

Total cost about $20
Easy to put on and take off
Will it work?

Skip to continuation of build here (http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/member-build-ups/598818-loganbeeres-ghost-build-2.html#post8234801)

·
Mean Time Moderator
5,100 Posts

If you need any custom straps or handles etc. let me know....had to make different handles for my Engel so it would fit...then custom tie down

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #71

If you need any custom straps or handles etc. let me know....had to make different handles for my Engel so it would fit...then custom tie down
Wow that is a nice setup. I have to get the fridge first. Thank you. I will let you know if I need your help. I'm gonna bolt down the wooden piece so it is more stable.

·
Registered
298 Posts

Went out on the trail with the wife today and had some fun. One of the benefits of this snorkel is that I don't have to turn the snorkel head around when doing this...

Went through a small water crossing with snorkel but didn't get a picture. A spectator on the other side took a picture of us.

This is the best thing I've seen on the internet today. Love that FJ!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #74

Any update on economy and power with a new filter please.
Changed engine air filter 2 gas tanks ago. MPG is back to normal. No power loss. Checked inside the air box after some mudding and a water crossing and it was completely clean and dry. No dust to speak of.

·
Mean Time Moderator
5,100 Posts

Changed engine air filter 2 gas tanks ago. MPG is back to normal. No power loss. Checked inside the air box after some mudding and a water crossing and it was completely clean and dry. No dust to speak of.
Thank you....time to bite the bullet and order one I think

·
Premium Member
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #76

Thank you....time to bite the bullet and order one I think
:rocker:try to reserve 1 weekend for installation and don't get frustrated. Lots of clips, bolts and fasteners to find and remove. And buy some fasteners where the plastic wheel liners attach to the fender. You have to break these to take the fender apart.

·
Premium Member
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
Loganbeere's Ghost Build

My Dometic fridge arrived today. Packed very well. The unit appears solid overall. Handles and lid feels sturdy. I decided to bolt down these railings I made earlier to make them more steady and strapped the fridge down. I will likely go camping next week and see how well it works.

If anyone is interested the cheapest place I found the unit was below. Arrived by FedEx in timely fashion
https://www.camperpartsworld.com/mobile/Dometic-CF-35-Waeco-Cool-Freeze-Portable-Fridge-Freezer.html

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
61 - 80 of 422 Posts