Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't see why so many people just seem to chuck the mods under the bus at the first sign of a problem? Doesn't make sense.

Have all these people actually contacted the mods to try to work out a solution to their problems, privately?

Or, is it just easier to vent in a public forum without regard for the effort the mods put in, the time, expertise and patience they have with us?

Give these guys a break, please. Talk out your problems in private messages. If they're not resolved and you still believe it warrants public discussion, at least you've tried. Make an effort.

I'm not saying that some people haven't. I'm guessing that most have not. I'm guessing that when one gets pissed and vents in public, several others jump on the bandwagon. Save it!

Always ask yourself this: Would you talk about this guy like this if you were in line right behind him or her in the supermarket? I sincerely doubt it.

Cheers,

Mike

·
Banned
2,984 Posts
Exactly. Is it the Mods that install software, sell ad space, etc? No. It's the site owners. The mods just act as referees and maintain order. Don't beat them up for the petty stuff. They are volunteers - read, unpaid. If you wanna gripe at someone, gripe at me....my opinion and any answers you may get are NOT a reflection on this site, so gripe away!! :D I dare ya! :D :D <--- sarcasm smilies, in case you missed it....

·
Banned
2,364 Posts
I don't see why so many people just seem to chuck the mods under the bus at the first sign of a problem? Doesn't make sense.

Have all these people actually contacted the mods to try to work out a solution to their problems, privately?

Or, is it just easier to vent in a public forum without regard for the effort the mods put in, the time, expertise and patience they have with us?

Give these guys a break, please. Talk out your problems in private messages. If they're not resolved and you still believe it warrants public discussion, at least you've tried. Make an effort.

I'm not saying that some people haven't. I'm guessing that most have not. I'm guessing that when one gets pissed and vents in public, several others jump on the bandwagon. Save it!

Always ask yourself this: Would you talk about this guy like this if you were in line right behind him or her in the supermarket? I sincerely doubt it.

Cheers,

Mike
X2!!!

·
Kajun Kim
5,488 Posts
Wow guys, this is nice. I don't smell as much diesel fumes as the bus roles over.:cheers:

Kim

·
Formerly FJ_Marine
6,237 Posts
If they were truely great mods, they would be willing to jump in front of the bus before we would be forced to throw them under it..........:rofl:

Just a joke, you know I love you guys and gals :cheers:

·
Formerly FJ_Marine
6,237 Posts
If they were truely great mods, they would be willing to jump in front of the bus before we would be forced to throw them under it..........:rofl:

Just a joke, you know I love you guys and gals :cheers:
That went over like a fart in church.........:indifferent:

:rofl:

·
Sockless Superstar
11,807 Posts
The truth of the matter is this: (and there is no deceipt nor alternative motive in this)

We take the abuse and the sarcasm and the jokes along with the occasional praise, not because we are sadistic nor masochistic, nor because we reap any reward in the way of pay or benefit. What we receive is our name in a pixel of a different color. That is not enough to lose potential friends over nor hurt somebody's feelings when a decision needs to be made that in one way or another will slight one of the parties.

We do it because we believe in the community.
We do it because we believe that in some small way we shed a positive light on the world of FJ Cruiserdom.
We do it because we don't like to see the little guy stepped on and we all believe that rudeness is just not right.
We do it because we love the rig, and more importantly, the friends that we have made that drive the rig.

We want noob 101 and grizzled/battle scarred veteran to enjoy the same sunset on an off-road lookout point without any underlying grievances.

I've been on trail runs where gossip ran rampart. It's ugly. It just is.

The moderators do this because in the end we want the world to be a better place, at least in our neck of the woods. Why else would we take the abuse? :) ...and why else would we volunteer every damn free hour of every day to attempt to insure that the place runs as smooth as possible within our abilities.

There are some site issues that have happened that are not in our control, but like water off of a duck's back, we try to shake the fallout and move forward with grace; knowing that 95% of the people here are the best people that this life has to offer.

This is all I have to say. :)

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Not something I'd want to do. Gota love em. Keep up the good work gals and guys. :rocker::wave:

Dragon, you just said it all.

·
Premium Member
7,063 Posts
I'm in it for the money. Dragon told me that the check is in the mail.
:worried:
Yeah, me too! I think he's just trying to keep us here as long as possible.

Thanks for all the very kind words, everyone. We really ARE here to help keeps things moving smoothly. If someone has a beef, please PM us. We'd be happy to discuss.

M

1 - 20 of 59 Posts