Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have very little to complain about when it comes to my FJC, but the tank is too small for my Great Basin excursions and gas cans strapped to the roof rack are a pain. Also an aftermarket aux tank will ruin my warranty. Can I have a bigger tank for my next gen FJ ? :boohoo:

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
I think they should use that space behind the rear axle wisely and put an aux. fuel tank from the factory as an option.:cool:

·
Registered
627 Posts
I just would like to mention the ford pinto of and example of why the behind the rear axle location can go wrong. Toyota can probably figure a safe way to do it though.:bigthumb:

But yea I have already grown tired of filling every 300miles.:boohoo:

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have sorry the wife's truck is a 2007 Prado 120 VX with 2 tanks total 180 ltrs when we go out in the desert my wife has double the range of my FJ, there is the bolt holes, mounting brackets infact when i got under my FJ everything is there ready, if my Prado can have a second tank why oh why carnt the FJ have the same, and why oh why carnt we have a second tank as a "certified" retro fit there are other things such as in cab lighting etc!

·
Premium Member
2008 FJ Cruiser. AT, Convenience package, offroad package, CB
3,399 Posts
I encountered the same problem with my FJ 40, except the FJC is much better. Why these manufacturers make these vehicles with such short range is beyond me?

·
Registered
450 Posts
A bigger tank would be nice especially given the mileage this tank gets.

·
FJ Expeditions R Us
4,084 Posts
X2!!!

cheers,

dale

·
Registered
599 Posts
Bigger tank, or two tanks! You can do it Toyota!

·
Registered
112 Posts
YES! My old vehicross had a 22.5 gallon tank and that was perfect. My wife is getting pissed that I'm filling up so often but then I have to remind her that when I fill up, its litterally half of what I'd put into the VX.

Also, the gas light comes on when there is still 4 gallons left in the 19.5 gallon tank. Given the MPG, this gives it about 70 miles of range when the light comes on. I'm used to seeing it when its 20 miles out - when the light comes on its a very "uncomfortable" feeling.

·
Registered
504 Posts
a #2 tank would be great. i could use the added range.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
How reliable are the auxillary tanks? I'd love to get one and would definately pay 1k for it if there was a place around here to get it put in.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts