Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Yep, the beast needs more fuel to drink. A larger tank, say 30 gallons and I'd be happy.

IF not a larger tank, how about TMC coming up with an Aux tank that can be factory installed as an aftermarket item sold by TRD.

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
Yep, the beast need more fuel to drink. A larger tank, say 30 gallons and I'd be happy.

IF not a larger tank, how about TMC coming up with an Aux tank that can be factory installed as an aftermarket item sold by TRD.
I like that! R U listening Toyota? I'd buy that from you guys.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Yes I've been in your situation where i needed extra fuel to get me where i want with out going to the gas station, i moved to Kuwait and took my Fj with me so since here we have a Toyota Prado i installed a Prado aux fuel tank since the FJ frame is the same as the Prado frame then it was a matter of minor weld and bolt on the rest of the nuts. i fill it every time with 150L (40 gal) now i don't see a gas station only once every 7 days approx. depends on your highway speed and gas pedal usage my driving is highway city mixed.. i drove for around 390 mils driving 90 mph up to 100 mph arrived my destination with 1/4 tank of fuel.

Good luck guys

·
Registered
34 Posts
YES! Five more gallons in the main tank would be great.

My RAV was short legged also and coulda used two more gallons in it's tank.

Or come up with a place you could hang a jerry can or two on the side.

Or could put two jerry cans on a trailer hitch rack with "Just hit me sucker" stickers on them.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I know I'm new so if I'm violating some newbie rule about posting please let me know.

found this cuz I was thinking the same thing about mileage. With the tires that were on my FJ when I bought it, I'm getting about 13-15 around here with the hills and in-town traffic.

FJ Cruiser Auxiliary Tank

Only down side is it has the usual "This tank is not street legal, it is designed for off-road use only." warning on the web site. I also don't know about the safety factor in the event of a rear-end. I would definately put an aftermarket bumper on it even if I only used it off-road. I can't see the authorities going around peering under everybody's FJ to see if they have this tank on it....but....I suppose anything is possible.

Anyway...

Toyota FJ Cruiser Tire Carrier :: Swing-Out Tire Carrier :: 2007-2009 Toyota FJ Cruiser :: Toyota :: LoD Offroad

Would be good for gas and water....and with the upper rack would be more storage. Anybody know if this is any good? Either one of these things?

Thanks.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts