Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was unable to find a good thread on this, and I could really use some pics, this is terribly lame but I am unable to reinstall the small shock that attaches to the right side of glove box.

I see the lower attachment point on the box itself, i do not see the upper attach point. Can someone provide a shot of this shock installed properly?

Thanks.

Got it now, Thanks

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
I was unable to find a good thread on this, and I could really use some pics, this is terribly lame but I am unable to reinstall the small shock that attaches to the right side of glove box.

I see the lower attachment point on the box itself, i do not see the upper attach point. Can someone provide a shot of this shock installed properly?

Thanks.
I'm at work right now and don't have a camera or I'd take a shot. Look or feel behind the plastic shock about 1/2 was up. Right where the bottom of the cylinder meets the upper part of the shock. In other words where the small diameter meets the big diameter. In behind there is a round piece on the shock that fits into a beveled pin on the side of a grey plastic piece. Thats the upper attachment point. The upper part of the shock the big diameter piece just hangs up there in the air all by itself.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
It attaches lower than you would think. Here is a picture as best as i could do. Hope it helps.
[/IMG]
Yes. See above on armygreens pic. The notched out piece in behind is where the attachment point is. Army, you the man.

·
Premium Member
4,051 Posts
Here is another pic of the attachments.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts