Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Got A "go Light" Stryker About 3 Months Ago And Have Not Figured Out How I Want To Install It. I Have Seen Them On Hummmmmmmers And Boats But I Havent Seen One On An Fj. Has Anyone Installed One On An Fj? Does Anyone Have Pics Or Thoughts? Let Me Know What You Think, I May Ditch It And Go With Something Else...

Attachments

·
Banned
3,591 Posts
If you ditch it ...I want it....So I call dibbs..

But I have seen them mounted in pairs on the front corners of the roof....pitpilot has 'um....

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok Homedad, If I Ditch It You Will Get It. I Have Minor Concerns About The Remote Interfering With My Cb And Other Installs. I Did A Quick Search For Pitpilot And Didnt Find Any Post But I Will Keep Looking. Hmmmmmmmm Decisions Decisions...

·
Banned
3,591 Posts
Ok Homedad, If I Ditch It You Will Get It. I Have Minor Concerns About The Remote Interfering With My Cb And Other Installs. I Did A Quick Search For Pitpilot And Didnt Find Any Post But I Will Keep Looking. Hmmmmmmmm Decisions Decisions...
His name on this site is...."sandono"....he doesn't come around much....I'll look for a picture for ya'.....He's "pitpilot" on a couple other boards....

·
Registered
865 Posts
Pilotpit is his name on the forum. Sandono is his wife. He's had them on his FJ for quite some time. I'll have a set mounted on mine in Ouray if you want to check them out. I haven't ever heard of him talk about interference with his CB. And if the military and Search and Rescue use them, I doubt there's anything to it. I'll find out for you tomorrow and post back up in the thread.

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey Todd,

Yeah let me know if Pilotpit had any issues. I think the light is great but it has a large control panel that will take up alot of dash area. Do you have this dash setup for your go lights? If so, how did you set it up?

Oh, and let me re-state this..."ditch" means "sell"...sorry, dont want any of you getting your hopes up for some freebie merchandise!

·
Premium Member
3,257 Posts
Question: What exactly is it? Some kind of programmable strobe?

·
Registered
355 Posts

·
Premium Member
810 Posts
Got one in my toy and use it all the time . Doesn't interfere with the cb .
Redboat

·
Premium Member
3,257 Posts
Whoa, those are indeed nice. But, man, the prices are a little extreme...

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
It's a great unit. You should keep it. I know I would want one!

·
Registered
865 Posts
I spoke with Donovan at TrueFlow (the one who originally mounted them). He has had no CB issues and neither have I.

I have two of the Strykers mounted on my roof (I'll post pics and a write-up on the Expeditioneers website but will probably have to wait till after the summit.)

I have the Strykers with both remotes. Right now I have them synched so they move at the same time with one remote. It only takes two minutes to reprogram them, and when I get my Light Force 240 Blitzs mounted on the bumper, I'll probably reprogram the Golights to work independently and mount the dash remotes for the Golights (one on each side of the dash) so the co-pilot can operate the right one. I'll keep the handheld remote for the passenger side light in the drivers side dash glove box so I can operate that one too.

It'll be a kick-butt setup with the Lightforce forward facing on the bumper and the Golights searching the sides of the trail and picking out obstacles, etc.

The Golights are not the cheapest lighting option on the market but, as with any tool, you pay for performance. You pay for construction. You pay for dependability. The only reason we sell Golight is because it meets those standards and it's the reason we have them on our Expeditioneers rigs.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Todd, Maybe you can post a pic and then do the write up after the summit
Oh man. I'd do the write-up now if I had the time. It will definitely be up following the Summit. And anyone that's going to Ouray, feel free to stop by and play with the remotes!

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey Todd,

Thanks for investigating! Are you really gonna do a write up on your Strykers? If you are, I am gonna wait to install my stryker until you post.

Did you mount your strykers directly to your roof or were you able to mount them to your light bar? A big reason I havent mounted the stryker is committing to the drilled holes in the roof.

I have been checking out the Lightforce lights as well. Those are bad ass. I saw an example of the light being hit with a baseball bat and not shattering. Thats my cup of tea.

Thanks for all your helpful information. This forum rocks cuz of peeps like you.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Hey Todd,

Thanks for investigating! Are you really gonna do a write up on your Strykers? If you are, I am gonna wait to install my stryker until you post.

Did you mount your strykers directly to your roof or were you able to mount them to your light bar? A big reason I havent mounted the stryker is committing to the drilled holes in the roof.

I have been checking out the Lightforce lights as well. Those are bad ass. I saw an example of the light being hit with a baseball bat and not shattering. Thats my cup of tea.

Thanks for all your helpful information. This forum rocks cuz of peeps like you.
Hey, no problem! The holes were by far the most intimidating part of the project. It's a do or die deal. You can get the magnet mount or suction cup mount but I don't believe they make those in the Strykers model. That, and I don't like the idea of anyone just popping off and running away with that much money in lights!

Yes, the LightForce are probably the be all end all of lighting power. There are some fantastic lights out there, but as far as shear illumination and durability — it doesn't get any better. But again, you pay for performance. If you're still on the fence about the LightForce, keep in mind they're coming out with the "Genesis" which is about an inch smaller in diameter than the 270's, but supposedly a brighter light.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts