Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This will be a very odd group buy, because it involved some strange deadlines and such, but it should work out to everyone's benefit.

Products involved: Gobi Stealth Roof Rack, Gobi Ranger Roof Rack

The Gobi roof racks are definitely a great solution compared to the OEM offering. Unfortunately the freight pricing is a killer point for most people.

Our normal pricing: $1,499.00 including freight (tax rate of 8.25% if you're in California).

Proposed Group-buy:

Minimum required number of racks required: 5 Stealth or Ranger, mixed.
All orders will include a Gobi Ladder at no additional charge! A $299.00+freight value as our gift to you!

Pricing & Shipping: The price is $1,499.00 including freight and ladder! (Note: 48 contiguous states only. Please PM me for a freight quote for areas out of the region, 8.25% tax on California orders). If you are picking up a unit from our dealership (ZIP 91731) then I can pass along a slight discount to reflect any savings from our bulk freight. This order will be placed with the group-buy order.

Payment: Over the phone credit card is the ideal method. We can also go through Paypal, or our website (will add the Gobi racks shortly). Payment will not be taken until the order is ready to be placed.

Group-buy schedule: Wednesday Sept 20, 2006 end date. Orders will be placed that week.
I would appreciate anyone interested to post their interest, which rack and approx. month they can order. This way, we can get a general idea of interest for a month and place deadlines for each order properly and assure the best Gobi package for all forum members. If there is anything you'd like changed regarding the GB, please post your concern! That way, I can see if the change can be made.

If there are any further questions, the best way to contact me is via e-mail < [email protected] > , or calling our parts dept @ 626.580.6111 (or Toll-Free 888.292.7407) My current schedule is Tu-Sa 7am - 4pm PST.

Thank you!

Note: Updated end date. This groupbuy will be done once this year. If it is successful, I will arrange for another groupbuy for 2007

·
Registered
624 Posts
I'm interested but already have the Gobi ladder. Any chance of a discount on the rack or lights instead of the ladder?

Thanks either way for such a nice offer.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
BigBill25: I'll have to check into the freight pricing for the lights but it will definitely be a good price! I'll have single/gb pricing up asap.

stnmikita: PM'd

It looks like I may spend the rest of the week putting up specials for the community

Thanks,
Jeff

·
Registered
19 Posts
Tentative: any additional deals w/ vehicle purchase?

I'll be making a buying decision in 30-45 days. I've been putting together a budget of mods and Gobi is one of them.

I'm in for the Gobi rack group buy, with a caveat that I still buy the FJC.

KJB

LongoToyota said:
This will be a very odd group buy, because it involved some strange deadlines and such, but it should work out to everyone's benefit.

The Gobi roof racks are definitely a great solution compared to the OEM offering. Unfortunately the freight pricing is a killer point for most people.

Our normal pricing: $1,499.00 including freight (tax rate of 8.25% if you're in California).

Proposed Group-buy:

All orders will include a Gobi Ladder at no additional charge! A $299.00+freight value!

Pricing & Shipping: The price is $1,499.00 including freight and ladder! (Note: 48 contiguous states only. Please PM me for a freight quote for areas out of the region, 8.25% tax on California orders). If you are picking up a unit from our dealership (ZIP 91731) then I can pass along a slight discount to reflect any savings from our bulk freight. This order will be placed with the group-buy order.

Payment: Over the phone credit card is the ideal method. We can also go through Paypal, or our website (will add the Gobi racks shortly). Payment will not be taken until the order is ready to be placed.

Group-buy schedule: Mon Oct 2, 2006 (Tentative), and subsequent month ends to accomodate any other group orders

I would appreciate anyone interested to post their interest, which rack and approx. month they can order. This way, we can get a general idea of interest for a month and place deadlines for each order properly and assure the best Gobi package for all forum members. If there is anything you'd like changed regarding the GB, please post your concern! That way, I can see if the change can be made.

If there are any further questions, the best way to contact me is via e-mail < [email protected] > , or calling our parts dept @ 626.580.6111 (or Toll-Free 888.292.7407) My current schedule is Tu-Sa 7am - 4pm PST.

Thank you!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hmmm.. I was planning to wait, but now I might have to pull the plug. Can you PM me what the discount might be if I pick up at the dealership? Also interested to see the discount on lights...

Thanks!
~Joe

·
Registered
465 Posts
I am very interested in this deal, I would want the stealth and the lights. Thanks for this awesome buy. Also will I have to pay tax if I am not in Ca? Thanks

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Shawn's FJ said:
I am very interested in this deal, I would want the stealth and the lights. Thanks for this awesome buy. Also will I have to pay tax if I am not in Ca? Thanks
Tax would only be applicable for shipping to California addresses. I'll try to get a light list up once I get into work today.

·
Registered
624 Posts
I'm in for the Ranger Rack and possibly a light package depending on cost.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
465 Posts
If there were five committed would you be able to order before Oct? Just wondering. I know, patience.....

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Shawn's FJ said:
If there were five committed would you be able to order before Oct? Just wondering. I know, patience.....
Haha. If enough interest is generated (solid interest) we can pull back the end date to make the initial order. I will arrange a later date for any stragglers so they can take advantage of this offer.

I understand your concerns though! I'm thinking of ordering a light weight flywheel for my 1jz Supra but ETA is 4-6 months =[ Bad times!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Count me in for a Ranger. I would also be interested in PIAA lights for both front and back.

I would be ready to pull the trigger in about two weeks. Would have to wait until end of October, but that would be ok.

If you need any other information, please pm me.

LongoToyota said:

Proposed Group-buy:

All orders will include a Gobi Ladder at no additional charge! A $299.00+freight value as our gift to you!

Group-buy schedule: Mon Oct 11, 2006 end date. Orders will be placed that week.

Thank you!

Note: Updated end date. This groupbuy will be done once this year. If it is successful, I will arrange for another groupbuy for 2007

·
Registered
465 Posts
Any more info on this? I am ready. So now what do I do? Put me down for the Stealth.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It looks like we have the required number of participants! I will PM everyone that has expressed interest. Once the interest is confirmed, I will post the username listing and ordering date. Currently, I have 4 freight-to-home orders and 1 @Longo pick-up. I will be ordering a few into my stock also for any other future pick-ups at Longo. This pricing will be honored as long as the rack is purchased from the parts department with the mention of the FJCF group buy.

I'll see if I can get a better price on the lights themselves. I should be able to knock a little bit more off of the previously posted number, but it looks grim (remember, free shipping!).

Thanks!!
Jeff

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
dogbone said:
Is the group buy price the same as the rugular price except you get the ladder for free?

thanks
john
Basiaclly, yes. The advantages are: Freight is included (48 states) along with the ladder.

$1499. vs $1499 + $200 + $300

Thank you,
Jeff

·
Registered
464 Posts
Hey Jeff,
What about orders to Canada? I'm in Vancouver, BC.

Thanks,
Kevin

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Titanium said:
Hey Jeff,
What about orders to Canada? I'm in Vancouver, BC.

Thanks,
Kevin
Kevin,

I've requested a quote for freight to Vancouver, BC, Canada. I should have it within a few days. I'll PM you once I receive it.

Thanks,
Jeff

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.