Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey!
Me and some buddies are starting to plan a little overlanding trip to Colorado. We want to try our hand at it, see some cool sites, camp, hike, and have a great weekend. I have an '08 FJ with 2.5" OME lift, Nitro trail grapplers, JBA UCAs...so pretty basic. Looking to have some fun and not be in way over our heads. Any trails that you guys would suggest that we hit? Anything we should absolutely stay away from? Thanks for all the input!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Premium Member
4,697 Posts
Thanks @darkhorse13 for the recommend on COFJ :)

Looking to have some fun and not be in way over our heads. Any trails that you guys would suggest that we hit? Anything we should absolutely stay away from?
First thing to note, when you come to Colorado is almost as important as where you go once you're here. Some trails stay open all year (minus a few days for each snow storm), some trails don't open until mid/late July. If your schedule can accomodate it, July and August are the two best months to come out. June will limit your trail options, May will limit them even more.

If you let me know which direction you're coming from and the rough the date you'll be passing through I can design a route for you guys to hit some great trails. And if there's any way that you can be in Ouray the week of FJ Summit, I'll be there starting Saturday July 11th pre-running trails with other trail leaders. You and your group are welcome to tag along on any trails we do.

Feel free to private-message me here if you'd rather discuss that way, I'm happy to help.

·
Premium Member
4,697 Posts
p.s. I will be taking the Imogene shot this year with a drone (this is Imogene Pass near Ouray, CO), so anybody who wants in on that photo can tag along. Couldn't do it last year because the trail was still snowed in to the mine until Friday.

·
Registered
860 Posts
p.s. I will be taking the Imogene shot this year with a drone (this is Imogene Pass near Ouray, CO), so anybody who wants in on that photo can tag along. Couldn't do it last year because the trail was still snowed in to the mine until Friday.
James, it's John... I'll see if the Juniper guys want to tag along for this. When are you going?

·
Premium Member
4,697 Posts
James, it's John... I'll see if the Juniper guys want to tag along for this. When are you going?
Hey John! We'll be in Ouray starting 7/11, so it will be one of the pre-run days that week. As long as we don't have a repeat of this year with all the trail closures, we normally spend Wednesday on Imogene at the waterfall and rock before the crowds show up on Thursday. If you guys are going to be in Ouray early, we normally meet each morning at the visitor center at 9AM.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts