Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I going to get FJC but I know very little about it, I love the look I read they are different package.

Another thing I read is the gas type.

Anything else I should know about the FJC, please help me my wife wants to see it, I really want the truck for room because I have 3 kids and my little neon is not really helping that problem.

My car is paid off so I am going to trade-in.

Please help me and to learn more about this, I am 95% sure were getting this.

just to let you know its tommorrow im getting it!

·
Registered
565 Posts
not to deter you or anything, but the kids will have fun getting in and out of those suicide doors, especially when parked next to another vehicle. But, it will be very easy to keep the inside clean. get ya a can of scotch guard and spray down the back seat on your way home from the dealer. greatly reduce the stains in the rear seat fabric...

Other than that, you will love it :)

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Please don't have a nervous breakdown over this. You have joined the best forum to learn about the FJ. You say you have 3 kiddies. Some would say the back seat is abit tough getting them in and out. Not that bad really. Check one out tomorrow and see what you think. Only you know what your needs are in a vehical. But be warned. If you test drive the FJ if you're like me and many others on this forum you are going to buy it and start spending tons of money on modifications. Good luck on your decision.:wave:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
man I forgot they door swing open the other way, hmm I guess Im going to pick a parking spot when having the kids inside, also I will go and get that can, thanks for the advice.

Now on modding my truck (if I get it) I like to know where you guys go to get them, I really want is the grill and I know where they go but Iforgot what they called, its like the step to help get in the truck.

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
let us know how it goes... For mods this is the place you can find write ups on just about any mod you're thinking of. The forum is a good source for just about anything you need.

good luck.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
man I forgot they door swing open the other way, hmm I guess Im going to pick a parking spot when having the kids inside, also I will go and get that can, thanks for the advice.

Now on modding my truck (if I get it) I like to know where you guys go to get them, I really want is the grill and I know where they go but Iforgot what they called, its like the step to help get in the truck.
We call them sliders, rock rails all the same thing. You can use them as steps to get in the FJ, but most don't. I use mine for sliding over rocks. :lol:

·
Registered
163 Posts
nervousbreakdown,
relax, go check the vehicle out. Take the family for a test drive and see how it feels. I honestly have to say that I like my FJ more than any other vehicle I have owned. This is my seventh vehicle at age 30 something. I look for excuses to drive it every day.

Don't let the blindspots bother ya, no different than a pickup and you learn to adapt to them real qiuck. The FJ is the perfect size, not too big, not too small.

I went to dealer to test drive, not to buy. Ended up taking it home that day. No regrets. If you have any questions about packages, go on the toyota website and build one to your liking. Then print that out and take to dealer. If the FJ at dealer doesn't have everything you want, they can add some stuff for you. Or you can eventually add after market stuff (that is what mods are) later.

Don't tell the sales person you are so eager to buy, try to get a decent deal. Don't be afraid to go home and think about it or get another quote from another dealer. Don't be afraid to ask forum members if you got a decent price quote, they can help.

Don't worry about doors, you can always park farther out in parking lot. Keeping clean is easy, don't have to vacum, just remove floormats and sweep, very kid freindly. Also plethura or airbags makes if very safe.

The steps are called rock sliders/rails/guards (see forum). You can get them to protect against rocks and stuff if you plan to go offroad a lot , or if you are going to use more as a family vehicle, you can get running boards from dealer.

Good luck, best wishes on your hopefully future purchase. This forum is a great area to learn a lot about your new FJ. As roterhead1 said, "let us know what you get"

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
nervousbreakdown,
relax, go check the vehicle out. Take the family for a test drive and see how it feels. I honestly have to say that I like my FJ more than any other vehicle I have owned. This is my seventh vehicle at age 30 something. I look for excuses to drive it every day.

Don't let the blindspots bother ya, no different than a pickup and you learn to adapt to them real qiuck. The FJ is the perfect size, not too big, not too small.

I went to dealer to test drive, not to buy. Ended up taking it home that day. No regrets. If you have any questions about packages, go on the toyota website and build one to your liking. Then print that out and take to dealer. If the FJ at dealer doesn't have everything you want, they can add some stuff for you. Or you can eventually add after market stuff (that is what mods are) later.

Don't tell the sales person you are so eager to buy, try to get a decent deal. Don't be afraid to go home and think about it or get another quote from another dealer. Don't be afraid to ask forum members if you got a decent price quote, they can help.

Don't worry about doors, you can always park farther out in parking lot. Keeping clean is easy, don't have to vacum, just remove floormats and sweep, very kid freindly. Also plethura or airbags makes if very safe.

The steps are called rock sliders/rails/guards (see forum). You can get them to protect against rocks and stuff if you plan to go offroad a lot , or if you are going to use more as a family vehicle, you can get running boards from dealer.

Good luck, best wishes on your hopefully future purchase. This forum is a great area to learn a lot about your new FJ. As roterhead1 said, "let us know what you get"
You guys are a great help and I will take everything into note when I go today after work matter of fact I will have my new phone on my side to come here in this fourm to keep asking the questions because right now my wife looked at one at work and she said the FJC look cool and its good for the winter.

I will take the test drive today and to put my family in it to see if they feel good or not.

I will get back with you tonight!

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts
We are waiting

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Alrighty - going on day two now. No word. Hope he didn't get popped by the bad credit police. Nothing like a dose of "I'm sorry sir, but we're unable to finance you" to ruin an otherwise wonderful week.

Good lord FunJunkie - you changed your avatar... and I don't know which one is more disturbing. :lol:

Howls,
FJ Wolf

·
FJ Expeditions R Us
4,084 Posts
And, here I was ready to congratulate him! The rear doors shouldn't be a problem as they don't open further than the front ones. If it don't hit anything with the front doors, the rears are fine...

Oh, welcome to the forum.

cheers,

dale

·
Registered
163 Posts
FJ funjunkie nice avatar, love kevin smith movies

nervous breakdown= whats up, new FJ or what, we are waiting. hope things went well. If you got a new fj, congrats and welcome. If not tell us why.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Sorry for the thread jack, but newtvowner, everybody in the world should be required to watch the movie in you avatar. Boondock Saints will forever be one of the best movies in the history of the silver screen....:)

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
So......Are you part of the FJ family yet?????:ninja:

·
Registered
163 Posts
Well I guess nervous breakdown never got his FJ. Been days now, surely he would have posted back by now. Wonder what happened.

Trainman,
I agree, I own over 700 movies on DVD,HD,Blu-ray and boondock saints is in my top ten. Right up there with "poolhall junkies".

1 - 19 of 19 Posts