Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Not a golfer but Montrose is the closet I think and Telluride has a course or two if memory serves me right. Might be fun to drive a few balls off Imogene pass to see how far down they go.:lol:

·
Premium Member
2,793 Posts
Are there any golf courses in the Ouray area?? I would like to play golf a couple of days and wheel a couple. Anyone interested??
I don't know how you'd play in Ouray, it would have to be the hardest course in the world with its hills and cliffs.

·
Premium Member
2,100 Posts
Go to paradise and play pasture pool. My guess is once you see the place, your thoughts of golf will long be gone. Too much beauty, too many friendly people and too much beer for some. Leave the clubs at home, I dout you will touch them once there.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I think the closest course(s) are in Ridgway, CO, about 10-15 miles north of Ouray. I don't know much about them (like if they are public or private), but if you search for Ridgway CO Golf Courses you'll quickly find that google is much smarter than I am.

I can understand the other's sentiments that you'll likely forget about your clubs once you get out on the trails, but I'm all for having your vacation filled with exactly what you like to do! If that's combining Wheelin' and Puttin' (or Drivin' and Drivin'), then definitely mix the two together.

(I'd personally like to mix 4-wheeling with some scuba diving, but the coral reefs in Lake Como are lousy at 12,000 feet)

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Since you would have to drive to a course, check out the Devil's Thumb. It's outside of Delta. But, at 12,000' I bet you could get an extra 20 yards out of your driver.

·
Premium Member
9,345 Posts
Unless it is before or after the Summit you will not have time unless you skip a day of wheeling.

·
Catalyst
9,205 Posts
There used to be a mini-golf spot across the street from the city hot springs pool, but I think it's been gone for a few years now.

·
Premium Member
512 Posts
I can't imagine going to Ouray and golfing. A guy might have a golfing addiction if that place can't tear you away from the clubs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts