Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a low milage 2014 for sale in the odessa/midland facebook market place for k$31500. it is a one owner and looks very clean. Not mine, just trying to help out both a seller and a buyer.
rd

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi

If you go to Facebook.com/marketplace then sign in to your Facebook account you can search marketplace by city Odessa or midland then search Fj cruiser.

I have no affiliation with it

·
Registered
6 Posts
I don't have Facebook, tried to access the marketplace without an account and the car does not come up...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Sorry I didn’t know you were looking for a manual. In my search I only found one manual 2014 TTSE It was on the east coast but it literally sold quickly.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Maybe give the guys at red rock motors.net a call

They could probably source one for you and if not they give good advice

·
Registered
89 Posts
Honestly, if it were me I’d strongly consider this one for whoever’s looking. Seems like a decent price if everything checks out. And if it’s truly a one owner in West Texas it should be rust free. There are a few things I can see just from the photos that would need to be considered as they would need to be repaired or replaced. (And possibly things to help negotiate a few more dollars off the price). First, the passenger side fender looks to have a large dent (you can tell by the reflection in the photos). Could possibly be fixed by a good PDR shop. Second, the spare is the original tire that came on it, so it’s going on 7 years old. (you can tell by the sidewall tread). So even though it’s got plenty of tread, you’d still want to replace it due to it’s age, as it’s no longer safe to use. The rest of the tires look to be brand new. The one thing mentioned, that is a “concern” is the vehicle still has a lien on it. That can “complicate” the sell, so you’ll want to make sure you’re “protecting” yourself accordingly. (There’s lots of reputable sites online that help give buyers and sellers advice on safe ways to complete these type of transactions). Just google “buying a car with a lien”. Other than that just do your research to make sure the vehicle is what it’s said to be. Because, if everything’s true I don’t think it’ll be on the market long at that price. Typically a dealer would ask between 35k to 39k for that vehicle with the high resale value of FJ’s. So it’s a fair asking price at $31,500.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Got additional pics. On the front fender , it is a dent, PDR will not fix it and make it disappear. Owner claims that a mattress hit it, given the damage it must have be a metal mattress. :oops: So you are looking at putting on a new fender and paint. Also, it got hit on the back end so it will need a new bumper and some paint work. Plus the new tire for the spare tire and probably some other things. If you want to drive it and don't care about bringing it back to original, then just live with the bumps and bruises and go on down the road. Has 64k miles.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.