Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Army Green 2014
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy guys
I printed this little guy thinking it would work for my ham radio antenna, but the hole isn't the right size for my intended application.

Hand Camouflage Wood Finger Window

Hand Finger Wood Communication Device Camera accessory

It's 3D printed, so I don't know how well it will actually last, but I printed it with some settings that should make it reasonably tough.
Here's a link to the printer file, in case you wanna read what the creator of the file has to say about it:

It's a slightly different design to accommodate the material used in printing, but functions like this guy:
Product Automotive lighting Font Camera accessory Input device

I'll ship for free for you too, I just wanted to do something nice for the forum :)

You can message me on instagram @levy3o8 if You want to reach out faster. I don't typically lurk on the forum for long periods of time. Whoever I see a message from first gets it :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Howdy guys
I printed this little guy thinking it would work for my ham radio antenna, but the hole isn't the right size for my intended application.

View attachment 1189025

View attachment 1189026

It's 3D printed, so I don't know how well it will actually last, but I printed it with some settings that should make it reasonably tough.
Here's a link to the printer file, in case you wanna read what the creator of the file has to say about it:

It's a slightly different design to accommodate the material used in printing, but functions like this guy:
View attachment 1189024

I'll ship for free for you too, I just wanted to do something nice for the forum :)

You can message me on instagram @levy3o8 if You want to reach out faster. I don't typically lurk on the forum for long periods of time. Whoever I see a message from first gets it :)
I'm interested!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Admin
10,441 Posts
Just keep in mind some antennas ground off of the metal mount.... so it being plastic it won't ground.
Pick an antenna that has a separate ground wire.

·
Registered
Army Green 2014
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just keep in mind some antennas ground off of the metal mount.... so it being plastic it won't ground.
Pick an antenna that has a separate ground wire.
Great information, thanks for that! The ham antenna I'm using is self-grounding, and I'm not familiar with CB antennas

·
Admin
10,441 Posts
Like ZerosFJ says... it's an easy fix. You could easily put a wire with a ring terminal on the bottom of your antenna and run it to the bolt of the door hinge.

(personally I don't have a lot of faith in plastic... but to each their own)

Reactions: Levy3

·
Registered
Army Green 2014
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Like ZerosFJ says... it's an easy fix. You could easily put a wire with a ring terminal on the bottom of your antenna and run it to the bolt of the door hinge.

(personally I don't have a lot of faith in plastic... but to each their own)
I'm not sure how it'll hold up honestly, that's why I decided to just give it away. I'd hate to sell something and then have it break instantly haha.
I think it should hold up pretty well though, but not sure.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Thanks for the link to the file (y)

·
Registered
Army Green 2014
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You'll need to widen the open part that goes up against the hinge. I measured my hinge to be 18mm wide (or there about). You can import the STL into TinkerCAD.com and add a hallow cylinder where the hinge on the FJ goes. Otherwise you'll be sanding/filing/drilling the hole like I had to on mine

1 - 11 of 11 Posts