except it is gray not black ..

·
Premium Member
4,256 Posts

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah well talk him down $50 because it's not the color you want. I think, NO, I know that powder coatting is not the way to go for trail use or front bumper. I have this bumper on my fj along with a Bandi mount. After one rock chip and many miles rust works it's was under the powder coat. You don't even notice until it turns into a canser like mess. Then try stripping it off! Rattle can it with a really good paint then see a rock chip take a little sand paper and hit it with paint. Done and done.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I knew it!!!! As soon as I buy a new one, someone is finally selling a used one....

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
I knew it!!!! As soon as I buy a new one, someone is finally selling a used one....
Same! always happens.. I wanted the single hoop anyway

·
Premium Member
6,611 Posts
what's the advantage of having a hoop versus flat top??

·
Premium Member
6,611 Posts
it is powder coated gray according to the owner.

how hard is it to undo the gray powder coat and make it black??

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
it is powder coated gray according to the owner.

how hard is it to undo the gray powder coat and make it black??
I'm no expert. Jason will chime in on this. But you'd have to remove all the grey powdercoat down to bare metal to re-powdercoat black or rattle can it black. Big job if you're doing it yourself. You'd have to have access to a blaster and an area to do it. It would take a lot of :cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Its a "b" and by the time you spend the time to "do it right", ship and have the piece painted, line x'd or powdercoated you might as well buy a new one from Jason directly. :clap:

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm no painter but I think you could just hit the powder coat with some sand paper to scuff it up and just paint over it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts