Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
:slant: Ordered my Sun Fusion AT 4x4 CP about 7 weeks ago. Was told by the two dealers that I was bargaining with that Toyota is trying NOT to bring any base models in deliberately due to the same reasoning given priorly here.
They both did a nationwide search to find me the same setup as youre describing, but none...zip...zilch...they couldnt even order one due to Toyota not allowing it. I said BS! Talked to the person at Toyota NA, and had this confirmed. Dealers on the West Coast will no longer (for now) be able to order a completely base model.
Freakin' pissed me off, but did go for the convenience package and little else.

·
Registered
6 Posts
City Toyota in Daly City, CA ran an advertisement in the SF chronicle for an FJ this weekend for $2K off of list price; $27K down to $25K(1 at this price) I called yesterday morning and it was still there.

·
Registered
763 Posts
shahram72 said:
That's a base? I want a stripped out model! The one for 21K with no options. The option packages are way overpriced, in my opinion. The only thing I want is Cruise Control, but I'm not willing to pay $1800 for it. DRL in that package? What a bonus! Is it possible to order a base model with NOPTHING froma dealer for MSRP or less (I wouldn't dream of paying more than MSRP).
Sure and you'll recieve it NEVER!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
763 Posts
shahram72 said:
That's a base? I want a stripped out model! The one for 21K with no options. The option packages are way overpriced, in my opinion. The only thing I want is Cruise Control, but I'm not willing to pay $1800 for it. DRL in that package? What a bonus! Is it possible to order a base model with NOPTHING froma dealer for MSRP or less (I wouldn't dream of paying more than MSRP).
Sure and you'll recieve it NEVER!!!!!!!!:jawdrop:

·
Registered
74 Posts
I ordered mine at the end of July. I have been promised a build date in September but they have not yet gotten more specific than that. Then it's 2 weeks for the journey over the ocean.

Of course mine has convenience package (only way to get cruise you wanted without aftermarket or local dealer install), locker, and some accessories. All told about 26.2k less the 500 off MSRP.

The wait is killing me but I couldn't pay more. :killtard:

I too doubt you can get the side airbags without an upgrade package.

Good luck though.

Used market might work. I saw a guy selling one here in Colorado on Ebay. He said it was no good for hauling his 8 and 10 year old kids + there friends. But other people will find themselves over extended for one reason or another and will be motivated to unload theres for a loss.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
All I can say is look at my sig, and see where it says ON ITS WAY! Click that link and read my LONG FJ Story....All I wanted was the CQ package...well guess what!
Jessa :flame:

·
Registered
397 Posts
great, a dealer called me and just told me they got in two FJ's with CQ only and sticker price is $26,700 and would be willing to deal if i was serious. well i already got mine but for an ultra expensive 30,100. i think the base version are coming. he told me they have one on the way at $25,300 a/t 4x4.

i pray the wife doesn't hear about this! hahahaaha. hey i got my FJ fully overloaded and I'm happy, even though a few weeks ago I said i was gonna wait for the cq only... oh well.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts