Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I unfortunately live in S.FL most of the time, but I do keep a place out in Denver where I store my FJ. I have done several mods on my FJ already in FL, but really want some more work done on it out in Denver area. I am looking to toss on the Rough Country 3" lift and probably an entire under-body skid plate. I am going to the Cruise Moab rally this year and need to get this done soon. ANY RECOMMENDATIONS ON GOOD SHOPS IN DENVER AREA TO WORK ON MY FJ? It's always hard to find a shop that really knows FJs and I am nervous to take it to just anyone. I am hoping to get some good advice on here from you all. Thanks in advance your your time!

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
I've had good luck with Rocky Mountain Cruisers located at 4560 S. Federal Blvd at 303-789-3540. You can also try High Country 4x4 at 1695 West Hamilton Pl at 303-761-7379.

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
Slee Offroad
Four To Go
and sometimes
High Country 4x4

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
Can't say I've had anyone do anything besides mount tires and align mine.

Everything else has been done in my garage.

If you will be out in the area on March 12, you could likely get in on this

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the advice as to where to go. I think I am gonna check out Slee. How do you like the Rasta plates? I am torn betwen a few plates. Like you I am out in Moab several times a year and am constantly getting high centered. Does the rasta plates hold up???

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Slee is good, pricy, but good.
Redline motor sports is very good. (closer to the springs)
Addicted off road is also very good. (closer to Greeley)
my garage is okay, but I seem to always take too damn long.

As far as I know you cannot get Rastas in the states anymore, can't get them imported here.

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts

As far as I know you cannot get Rastas in the states anymore, can't get them imported here.
I have all my mods sitting in the garage waiting to be put on, but as I am not there I cant get them on. I had a friend willing to do it but never has free time. I saw what you had mentioned above and called Redline motor sports which is only about fifteen minutes from my house and they said they can get me to do the work in a few days. And they also gave me a reasonable charge per hour. Thanks for the tip. Now if the rest of the stuff would come in the mail, so that I can get it back to them. Thanks FJinCO

·
Catalyst
9,205 Posts
I have all my mods sitting in the garage waiting to be put on, but as I am not there I cant get them on. I had a friend willing to do it but never has free time. I saw what you had mentioned above and called Redline motor sports which is only about fifteen minutes from my house and they said they can get me to do the work in a few days. And they also gave me a reasonable charge per hour. Thanks for the tip. Now if the rest of the stuff would come in the mail, so that I can get it back to them. Thanks FJinCO
Hey, what about the upcoming Garage Day?

If your wife would drive it there, I'm sure we could save you a few bucks by putting something on....maybe not everything, but we could see what you have and what the assembled group would be capable of and willing to do for you.

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
Thanks for the advice as to where to go. I think I am gonna check out Slee. How do you like the Rasta plates? I am torn betwen a few plates. Like you I am out in Moab several times a year and am constantly getting high centered. Does the rasta plates hold up???
The Rasta's has definitely held up and done us good .. but like said down below.. they're not offered here. Richochet has aluminum skids tho :cheers:

that is correct sir ;)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Slee in Golden did my lift, it's a reputable shop. I mostly Use Lance at euro sport werks / Best race works. He has a fair price and stands behind his work. He has worked on several FJ's besides mine

·
Registered
287 Posts
The only place I've used so far in the area is 4x4Parts in Westminster, they've installed my Toytec coil springs, TTL Chaos UCA's, Duratrac's, and tinted windows. One of the sales guys, Kirk, used to work for Toytec and knows just about anything dealing with Toyota's. Twice now I've called around to 5 different shops for a quote and both times 4x4Parts was almost half the price as the other shops when it came to labor rates, plus the Goodyear Duratrac's were $50/tire less than anyone else. The only one that has the same low labor rate is Jacob of Toycrawlers, but it just hasn't worked out yet for me to try Toycrawlers. I've been very happy with the work 4x4Parts has done for my FJ so far and figure they've saved me atleast $500 over using any of the other local shops I've gotten quotes from, excluding Toycrawlers. I still want to install some Bilstein 5100 long travel shocks and 4pc Ricochet skids and for that I'm thinking about jumping in on the Garage Club gathering on March 12 to get this done. :bigthumb:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts