Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey gang..After much surfing here and seeing the enjoyment you all have..I am about to pull the trigger on a 2011 TT edition that is to arrive to my dealer in mid April (about the time my lease is up on my current car)

I had been looking at the Nissan Exterra, Jeep Laredo X, FJ and new Ford Explorer. Mostly to haul my vintage race car around..but I kept coming back to the looks and performance of the FJ.

SO-Dealer has a loaded FJ, Army Green, blacked our trim, I added catback exhaust and tow package, arm rest he had added the Aux lights and off road lights and air dam. Package for me is at $34,965. Does that seem like a good number for this truck that is hard to find? One other dealer wanted sticker and was adding only the tow package at $700!

I have to put deposit down today if I want it. WHile I like the 2 tone..I love the single color and do not want to lose this.
Thoughts?

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Sounds like you answered your own question. Didn't you post something like this some time back? Nice collection of sports cars.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Do you have access to USAA? I built the exact same rig for 32 and some change (USAA price). If not I say go for it. Its a sweet looking FJ.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks gang! Yes, I was asking in another post a few weeks ago about what people would order or not on these...I did not have any dealer pricing then, only info from the Toyota web pricing.

I really like the TT edition and seeing that it is not an easy find yet and that I will need to replace my current drive in May..this gave me a peace of mind and what I wanted. I will get a CAI after I figure out what you guys think works best and do that myself.

As to cars, thanks. I love the British steel, racing the Bugeye is pretty thrilling and inexpensive. I had a 2005 CTS-V before that with Corsa Exhaust and K&N CAI..that was fun!

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
good luck getting the rig you want.

·
Catalyst
9,205 Posts
I know I'm a couple days late, but that price doesn't seem too high to me. Personally, I don't think the particular options that go into these 'special editions' are worth it, but if you actually want those options, then the added cost seems legit, from a factory/dealership standpoint.

welcome to the Family :cheers:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts