Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,570 Posts
It seems prices are starting to trickle down. I've observed this in the local classified market as well.

Product Rectangle Azure Font Slope

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey guys I'm looking to buy an fj cruiser and I was wondering if it was the right time to buy or if should I hold off until the prices decrease if that's even a possibility.
The one I'm looking at currently is a 2011 fj cruiser with 160,000 miles for 25,000. I have the carfax and the car has been serviced every 5k miles. Any tips or should I jump the gun and buy?

·
Premium Member
1,872 Posts
The one I'm looking at currently is a 2011 fj cruiser with 160,000 miles for 25,000. I have the carfax and the car has been serviced every 5k miles. Any tips or should I jump the gun and buy?
You're going to need to provide more details. Is it 2WD or 4WD? What options? Have you seen the undercarriage? Good on the service intervals...but does it have specific details on what was serviced besides oil changes?

Also, have you checked this out yet? jimmy-buffett's Complete Guide to Buying or Selling...

Invaluable advice...

·
Registered
259 Posts
I bought a 2011 NSSE in May of 2021 for 27k. It had 150k on it. NO RUST. And engine burns no oil. It runs absolutely terrific and I have no regrets paying that price. It'll last at least another 150k.

Granted I spent a small fortune on it for mods to make it an offroad overlander.

And you won't find a new vehicle with a 4.0 naturally aspirated V6 like it with the exception of the 4runner. I'm personally not interested in unproven small turbos.

If the one you are looking at is clean, that is not a bad price. If you like it, go for it.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2007 with 98,000 rust free miles in Florida. 3” lift, 4x4, fuel rims with 33” Nitto g2. Smittybuilt front bump with 9500 lb winch. All fluids have been changed, new plugs and filters. It runs great, was my Covid project, now time to sell.
contact if interested

·
Premium Member
9,570 Posts
Sure glad I bought my 11 4 1/2 years ago with 110k on it for $18.5k. I would hate to see what the price would be in todays market with that milage.
KBB puts it at about $23k currently lol. And these late model Toyotas tend to sell for higher than KBB. I'd say at least $25k. It's crazy to me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts