Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone put the Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs on their FJ?
How do they look and how do you like them?

I'm wanting an agressive looking all terrain/hybrid tires that have raised white letters

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
I think they're great... for their price range and features. I had their 315/75r16. During holiday time, you could purchase all 5 for the price of 4 after rebates. Besides a good price point, they were good year round performers. I don't have to worry about snow here but they were M+S rated. Used then plenty in the CA desert, rough rocky trails, and climbed some to Top of the World in Moab without breaking a sweat.

That being said, the tire design and features are a bit dated to the competition. If you pay a bit more, you'll likely get more if you prefer improved on- and off-road features.

·
Premium Member
4,276 Posts
Here is a link

20 more like it with the same question answered

Google
FJ Cruiser Forum Goodyear Duratracs

·
Registered
80 Posts
I had them on my FJ in the 285/70r17 size before I moved up to 35’s. I loved them, amazing in snow, never had any issues in wet condition, never had any flats or weird tire wear. Good road manners, never had any issues with them off-road. I wouldnt hesitate to get them again if I was in the market for a hybrid style tire.

·
Admin
7,229 Posts
As all-terrains go... they are great all around tires (as stated above already).

Around here they are the most popular because they are also the best suited AT tire for winter (still no substitute for a true snow tire of course).

I'm on my second set.

My first set I put the white lettering out... and eventually regretted it. I wheeled them pretty hard and the white lettering took a beating and eventually just looked crappy. This set of tires I have the black lettering out.

Reactions: Hannibal

·
Registered
52 Posts
I had them on my Tacoma for over 40,000 miles. I sold it to buy my FJ. I have now put Duratracs on the FJ, have maybe 7k miles on them now.

Sand, rain, and mud are the main things I deal with, and these tires perform GREAT in all. No real road noise either. On my Taco, they made a bit of noise after about 30k miles, if the air pressure dropped to around 30. Pump them back up and the noise pretty much went away.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I got a set last year on my daily driver and had great results; really happy with how quiet they are. The crew down at CHITOWN 4x4 recommend them to all their customers.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Not on our FJ, but had a Chevy extended cab 4x4 that I had them on . Worked out in the boonies during winter months overnight temps would be -15 degrees or more.
In the the morning when we got off our shift , roads would be iced up people would be slipping and spinning just trying to get out of the parking lot. I'd just put it in drive and in 2x4 drive out and down the roads no problem.
Would drive over to Reno on HWY 36 / 395 sometimes before the snow plow trucks came through then onto I80 at Reno to Sacramento never had a problem in rain or snow .
Sold the truck with 30K miles on the Duratracs , rotated them every 5k didn't feather or cup one bit.

As for our FJ had the old BFG AT's , wanted to put the Duratracs on , but they were back ordered so on the advise of another FJ owner that happened to be at the tire place getting his Falken Wildpeaks rotated said he's put 12K on them and liked them , so thought I'd give them a try this time around.

·
Registered
2007 FJ Cruiser 4WD
70 Posts
Anyone put the Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs on their FJ?
How do they look and how do you like them?

I'm wanting an agressive looking all terrain/hybrid tires that have raised white letters
Updated further down in the discussion.

I'm in the process of getting some Duratracs onto my 2007 FJ. One thing I heard is they might be a little noisy. Waiting on the 18" wheels they'll be mounted on to go on my rig. I've got a 3" lift installed. Will post pics when all is done. UPDATED: Installed, pics posted further down in the discussion.

·
Registered
109 Posts

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Nice thing about Duratracs is they come in load range C, which is perfect for an FJ, and lighter than E range tires.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have seen far too many odd sidewall punctures with Duratracs to recommend them to anyone. This combined with how noisy they are on a stock $65k Sierra AT4 after 20k miles, there are much better choices IMO. The Falken AT3/W are pretty popular now, but the best size (285/70R17) is hard to get in my area because everyone with a Tacoma, 4Runner, FJ, Ranger, JL etc are buying them.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts