Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
can i become 1/2mil90 for a little while
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed this at lunch. The tires have right at 15k miles on them. They are wearing evenly through the tread, and my local discount rotated them maybe 1k miles ago. The radial seems to be seperating on the outside edge of one of the tires. The tread is the same depth on all the tires and it is only this one that looks like this. I would understand. If the tread was worn down, sure, but this area doesn't even touch the road. I won't be able to go by until Monday and just wanted to know if I could get some feedback. Thanks.

·
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Discount ordered me a new tire, as this is a "factory defect". The guy said in 8 yrs, he has never seen a tire like this. His assumption was, the mold just did not get enough rubber down in those grooves on this out side edge, leaving the cords showing. Regardless, free tire for me.

·
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^
I too haven't seen anything like this. The assesment the agent gave you sounds probable. I'm glad to see everything is being taken care of.
It was the only thing he could think of. It is perfectly uniform the entire way around the tire. Discount always makes it right! Thanks for good customer service.

nick:cheers:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts