Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

601 - 620 of 683 Posts

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
That calcite mine trail is my favorite so far. Looked like a fun ride up!
One of my favorites too! Wasn't a huge fan of the tippy bit a 6:00 but it wasn't so scary after driving through it.

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
Here are the final videos from our post-Christmas visit to Anza Borrego for your viewing pleasure. Nothing tricky or challenging, but cool trails nevertheless.

·
Premium Member
11,807 Posts
Question:

What is a good editing platform for go pro videos? Complete novice at this so simpler would be better.

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
Hole-in-the-Rock Road to Alstrom Point - Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument and Glen Canyon National Recreation Area.

·
Premium Member
11,807 Posts
I'm shopping for another GoPro for a second view while out riding snowmobile.

I've noticed that any of the 3 series camera are still more than the 4 or 5, any idea as to why?

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
First leg of the Cathedral Valley Loop, Capitol Reef National Park - Caineville to Cathedral Valley Campground. Very easy trail with some awesome views.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Question:

What is a good editing platform for go pro videos? Complete novice at this so simpler would be better.
I see nobody replied and here it is 5 months later, lol.
If you are using Windows 7, the easiest editing tool I found is windows movie maker. You can download it in a bundled bit of software called windows essentials. Un-check all options except movie maker.

Go Pro has their own editing software that is pretty good. I tried it out a few versions ago, and it wasn't as easy as the windows one, but it was just as good, and had more options.

I recently found out Windows 10 has a built in video editor in the software for photos and videos. I haven't tried that one.

Those are all free, I know some folks use adobe and swear by it. I'm not professional enough to splurge on it yet. Maybe if I get a drone. :)

·
Premium Member
11,807 Posts
Cool, thanks.

Trying to edit hours of snowmobiling videos into highlites only is my task for now.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Yup, it can be tedious. Especially if you try to match it up with music.
I used Windows Movie Maker for this one.

It came out pretty good, but there are spots that didn't line up with the beat.
I think I kept editing it too much and it would through off the music to the video.

Practice makes perfect.

I've edited the same footage with different music to see if it changes the tone of the action.

·
Premium Member
2,674 Posts
Subscribed.

GoPro Hero 2018. Nero Video for editing. Still trying to get the hang of it, haven't tried adding audio yet.

Only issue so far is recording from inside FJ and pulling a steep hill. You don't get the effect from the video. Looks way better when recorded from someone standing outside.

Having a rear facing camera would be nice.

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
Second leg of the Cathedral Valley Loop, Capitol Reef National Park - Cathedral Valley Campground to Cedar Mesa Campground.

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
Here are the final videos from our recent Utah/Arizona trip. Hard to believe it was over a month ago, but it was a very fun trip. No tricky trails but awesome views and scenery.

·
Registered
18 Posts
little drone play on the beach.

·
Registered
18 Posts
little drone play on the beach.

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
Labor Day Weekend fun visiting Barney Riley, CA.

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
After completing the drive from Burlingame, in the San Francisco Bay Area, to Barney Riley, near the Nevada border (see video above), I was upset to find that my mallet was not in my tool kit, where it usually lives. So I pitched camp using a hammer instead, which is definitely not the same thing when it comes to knocking in tent pegs. Anyway, later in the evening when retrieving something from my rig I discovered the missing mallet, which had ridden the entire way, including the somewhat gnarly trail, on the roof (see pic). I had used it the day before to slightly adjust a cross bar on the roof so I could mount my maxtrax. It appears that miracles do happen :grin and I should be more careful when it comes to putting my tools away.

Attachments

·
Registered
879 Posts
Only issue so far is recording from inside FJ and pulling a steep hill. You don't get the effect from the video. Looks way better when recorded from someone standing outside.
Isn't that crazy? I took some videos recently which included what felt like some pretty steep climbs. When I looked at them later it all looked flat!

·
Premium Member
2,674 Posts
@Iconic_ Liked the angle and loved the natural sound. :smile

I'd have worried about cleaning the camera off the side of the FJ.

I'm still working on getting videos I like. Inside the FJ isn't cutting it.

601 - 620 of 683 Posts