Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A few months ago I added a GoPro Mount to the rear view mirror and ran a power wire through the headliner to hard wire it to the fuse panel. Now, when I start the car, it powers up automatically. The remote is hard wired to the center console. The camera can be easily activated while driving. So far it has worked well. If I could only keep the bugs off the windshield, this would shoot some great time lapse video of my vacations.

Attachments

·
Registered
229 Posts
Bigger pictures please!

·
Registered
233 Posts
I was actually working on doing this same setup this weekend. A couple questions:

1. What base mount did you use to attach to your mirror mount?

2. What remote are you using that you have hardwired?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I epoxied the standard surface mount to the back of the mirror. The surface mount allows me to attach several different arm combinations. For example, i can aim it forward to shot time lapse video of my trips. Or I can put a few extra sections on the arm and spin it around and shoot selfie videos.

I also took the standard remote that comes with the GoPro black edition and attached it to the coin tray in the center console using Velcro. I then drilled a hole in the side of the coin tray and ran a power wire from the fuse panel to the remote so that the remote is always charged. I ran a similar wire through the headliner to the camera so it had constant power as well. The nice thing with this setup is you can use the camera and remote during your drive, and then take them out at your destination knowing that they are fully charged.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I am guessing you used the surface mount without the actual adhesive base? The reason I held off this weekend was because the adhesive base was quite a bit wider than the mirror mount. Do you think you could snap a picture of the mount and how/where you have wire for the camera?

Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts