Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I take the End of the World rig in for an alignment after I swapped out the rear cross member. Now the VSC ABS lights are all on. Reset them, drove a bit and they came back on. Hooked up my Solsus tool to recalibrate the steering input and speed sensors and nada, zilch. Have never had issues with it. Got 30000 on her and 20000 of that with the Fabtech Lift so I know it's not that. I should set my Solsus tool on live diagnostic but what the hell, it's still under warranty so I'll let the dealer deal with it. What do you guys think is the issue?

·
Premium Member
6,519 Posts
If I had to guess, I'd say one of the ABS wheel sensors is off, loose or the wire is pinched or broken.

DEWFPO

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup, I'll have to look at that. Did a quick scan the other day and didn't notice anything but maybe I should pull the wheels off and check. Of course now I'm freaked out because my compass light was blinking and has been. So I go and do the circle thing and the minute it sets itself the vsc/abs lights click off. Jesus!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nope, it's not. Toyota service manual is very clear. Upon having an alignment, re-calibrate the vehicle Yaw sensor using Toyota blah blah blah tool. I used my Snap On Solus tool and sure enough it has the calibration process on it. ABS/VSC light blinks really fast for two minutes and wallah, It's working like a charm. Ask Toyota if you don't believe it. I think it's if the alignment has been changed significantly and mine was as I had to replace the entire rear cross member.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay update.......stringmachine is right...it's something else. Cleared the memory, reset the yaw sensor, drove a while, everything was cool, and then.....wait for it....wait for it...friggin lights came back on. So know I'm off to change the right front wheel sensor. Error code that came up was C0200, right front wheel sensor. That was the first time I saw that along with another code stating faulty ABS control module. I'm thinking that got thrown because of the lack of communication from the sensor. I'm kind of like a genius, but different. I can tell from the lack of post to my problem that no one really gives a ****, so I will continue posting to myself and having this one sided diatribe. :clap:

·
Registered
108 Posts
I had the same sort of issue after the alignment once I installed my spacer lifts. However the issue would happen after I had been driving for a few mins. After turing the car off the lights would reset, then come back on mins later. In my case it was actually the short pin in the fuse box must have become dirty or the contact was good. I remembered to check the short pin because it can be used as a traction control bypass by wiring it to a switch. When I pulled the pin to clean it the problem vanished.. So I guess in my case there could have been two things happening, the pin or the alignment. Hope this helps a little

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
I would check the sensors very carefully. It's also entirely possible the "alignment" is way off also.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts