Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Congrats! Great looking FJ! I did get a low mile Certified 2013 from a Toyota Dealership in 2014 for a really fair price, and 5 years later am still happy (shoutout to Rice Toyota, Greensboro, NC). The Toyota Dealer had sold the FJ to the original owner. They were very helpful, put it on a lift, and eMailed photos so I could check for rust before coming to see it. I did have to wait for the price drop before beginning negotiations. But you can get a good deal- and also negotiate down the price of extended warranty (if you want one), and do fine, but it depends on the Dealership . Anywhere you go- know the current Value, what you can pay, and exactly what you want. Be ready to walk away...but I would say, don't rule out Dealerships- especially local to you.

The two biggest problems I encountered on my 2 year quest were bad Rust and High Miles. You have to know the Vehicle Hx and if it's been living in a place where they Salt the roads or use Brine, etc. in Winter. Some undercoatings can trap moisture and actually cause more problems, so, like everything, you have to study as much as you can, and I got a whole lot of help in this Forum before and after purchase. Dealerships have trade-ins (like mine was) but also buy at Auction, so always check the CarFax and try see if the FJ has been "up North" in the Rust prone areas, accidents? has it had air-bags deployed, or any other red flags.

I'm sure buying is even more challenging 5 years later, because even back then the prices were crazy. So I'm really glad you got a great FJ, and that you had a great trip back to Texas! Ya'll are gonna have lots of Fun!

Anne

·
Registered
7 Posts
The whole deal was terrific, and it was nice seeing how much you loved "Heff" (short for Heffalump, since he looked a bit like one).

I hope you have tons of trouble free miles and adventures.

PS. Not only did she basically make my old plates look factory fresh before she sent them back, but she sent pecan fudge lol.

·
Registered
76 Posts
What a write-up! Enjoy your new obsession! Remember, if you’re worried about scratching it, you’re not driving it right! ... it will take you over!
4C6D1DD3-428E-4C8F-B5C7-9420A682D96F.png

·
Banned
5 Posts
After doing research I'm also looking at coating the bottom to prevent rust since I have no problem putting in my own sweat on this thing. Preferably no blood or tears should be needed. Most of what I have read so far has been reassuring in that I made the right choice in purchasing an FJ Cruiser versus anything else so far. My biggest issue is the incredibly annoying and uncooperative Texas weather. I park out in the elements and may get covered parking in the winter. Right now the FJ has a constant coat of dust and it bugs me since AussieJohn washed it and cleaned it out. It looks very sharp all nice and clean! :wink Now if emi calculator gst login ifsc code

21 - 25 of 25 Posts