Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Booyeah!

Took from about 11am to 10pm. Would have been a lot less but spent about 2 hours looking for 12mm Captive nuts that ARB decided to leave out of the kit. :flame: In the end we just welded to 12mm nuts to the captive plates, seemed to work out alright.

Went with OME heavies in front and mediums in the rear... looks good with the 285/70R17 BFG's.

Today I'm going to do the wiring and heated seats. If you know anything about wiring please help me out here: http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/foru...6584-fog-light-driving-light-wiring-help.html

·
Premium Member
866 Posts
Took from about 11am to 10pm. Would have been a lot less but spent about 2 hours looking for 12mm Captive nuts that ARB decided to leave out of the kit. :flame: In the end we just welded to 12mm nuts to the captive plates, seemed to work out alright.
Looks good! Great job!

I too was missing the captive nuts in my ARB accessory kit. Must have been the same underpaid worker in Thailand! Would have done the same thing as you if I knew how to weld or knew someone who did! Good solution to waiting for a replacement!

T

·
Registered
178 Posts
Looks great. Any rubbing ?
I will be doing the same install next week

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
That's awesome man. Where'd you get all the stuff from, and what was your total cost? And do you have any rubbing with the 285/70/R17 BFGs and the OME?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Ocelot.....where you from ? where do you live now?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
iCruiser said:
I too was missing the captive nuts in my ARB accessory kit.
Yeah I was pretty angry by the time I figured out it was just plain missing. How did you mount the bumper? Leave out that bolt?

Looks great. Any rubbing ?
I will be doing the same install next week
No rubbing at all, I'm very pleased. I still need to get an alignment but thus far it has a great ride.

football751 said:
Where'd you get all the stuff from, and what was your total cost?
Got the lift/bumper/fog & driving lights from North Shore Off-Road. Cost was $2444.96... not as cheap as you guys can get them in the states but a pretty good deal up here. Tires were another ~$1500 for all 5.

Blaksheep said:
Ocelot.....where you from ? where do you live now?
From Vancouver Island... live in Squamish now north of Vancouver.

·
Premium Member
866 Posts
Yeah I was pretty angry by the time I figured out it was just plain missing. How did you mount the bumper? Leave out that bolt?
I posted my dilemma on another thread, but briefly, I was stupid and took everything apart before I inventoried the parts to find it (large captive nuts) was missing. it was after 5pm so ARB was closed. Put everything back together (since like you no one had a compatible captive nut, and it's my daily driver). Called ARB the next day to get a RUDE! Service rep, told me he couldn't help me at all and that I'd have to contact my seller. Called Torasport and they took care of everything. UPS next day received the whole accessory pack as a replacement. First thing I thought of was "JUST GREAT, knowing my luck there will be no captive nut in this set either" how stupid not to just send me the captive nuts and no evidence that they opened the package and check to see if it was in there, but luckily they were. Later I compared packing info and they were different.

Some people praise ARB's service, but in my instance their service sucked :thefinger: big time!

but I love my ARB Bumper and I can't wait to get some more funds to buy a winch!

T

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
looks great! I would love to get some OME's on my TT and a size bigger tires. when funds come available :)

·
Premium Member
16,794 Posts
Looks great!

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Hey!! Are you stalking me?? Nice rig :D Have fun with the wiring (aka rat's nest)

·
Premium Member
16,781 Posts
Looks good! Great job!

I too was missing the captive nuts in my ARB accessory kit. Must have been the same underpaid worker in Thailand! Would have done the same thing as you if I knew how to weld or knew someone who did! Good solution to waiting for a replacement!

T
For real i was missing mine. I did have four captive nuts, only they didn't fit in the bumper. I bent the part that holds it in place til the were more of a 45 deg bend, they work now.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sounds like ARB needs to do some checks on their hardware bags before they ship them out.

I'm sorting out the wiring now and doing the heated seats (just in time for summer... not very well planned on my part :D )

I must confess the jack is not mine... yet... although its owner might notice if it went missing.

Now to save up for a winch, and rear bumper... then I will be set.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Some daytime pictures:

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
:bigthumb: Startin' to look like it's supposed too! You gonna stick a winch in the bumper?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts