Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
so easy, a monkey could do it! :lol:

Got my M-PAC box and it was like Christmas all over again!:clap: Even my 'kids' helped me unpack the box!

Bugged the hubby to play with my rack and he gladly obliged :lol:

Told him he was being timed and through all the fumbling around and dropping allen wrenches and washers and such (he'd never make it on a Nascar pit crew :rofl:), he finished in ~ 15 minutes (with the extra bolts put in)...

Wow!!! it looks awesome and is super sturdy... I could probably do pullups on it if I could contortion myself that way :D

Simple install... clean looks... outstanding quality product... well worth the investment!

Thanks Doc (and all your 'elves') for the work put into this...:rocker::cheers:

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/springtail-solutions/57579-presale-m-pac-side-rack-combo.html

the install:
pre-side rack; red bungee wrapped around grocery hooks, holding m-pac bag and Gerber shovel

final shots:

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
That looks great. Nice professional job!

·
Registered
449 Posts
very nice

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
that looks good where do you get the bags from? just personal preferance like walmart or something?

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
that looks good where do you get the bags from? just personal preferance like walmart or something?
no, the MOLLE bags come with the rack(s)...
on the rear door rack I got 7 total , or something like that... 2 large, 2 smaller, 2 front door pouches (although I have mine in the 'suicide door' cubbies, and 1 hidden compartment bag (although if you have the subwoofer like I do, you don't have a 'hidden compartment' that's accessible...
on the side rack I got 1 large bag with it, and the quickfists (2)...

you could hang virtually anything on the rack(s), but the molle bags are tough as nails and hold a lot of stuff- and I have a lot of stuff! i like to be prepared for anything while out on the road... i've also seen the used molle bags at army/navy surplus stores as well....

you really do get a lot of stuff for the deal...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Got mine on order, have fun in AK lived in Southeast (Ketch, Petersburg, and Juneau) for a total of 12 years and miss it!!

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Got mine on order, have fun in AK lived in Southeast (Ketch, Petersburg, and Juneau) for a total of 12 years and miss it!!
thanks! we're in Dawson Creek, BC (Canada :D) tonight... the drive from our home up through this part of BC has been gorgeous, especially the Canadian Rockies! Wow! The funniest thing, well to us anyway, is that these Canadians drive like maniacs! I mean, I have a double lead foot, but I'm nothing compared to them! They don't hesitate doing 140+ km/hr in a 100... we've seen our first wild bears today... 4 black bears (including a mom w/ 2 cubs)...

Should be in Cordova on the 19th... :clap::cheers:

·
Registered
161 Posts
looks good!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts