Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its a killer tool and certainly one that will come in handy. I got the Longevity Forcecut 40D for a damn good deal. I now realize that a cnc machine to mount it on would be handy because I cant draw a straight line!

My son has the pinewood derby coming up and we cut out some flames and a #1 to go on his car, he digs it!

:cheers:

·
Premium Member
12,956 Posts
So how much metal have you cut up already?

A drywall t-square and some C-style vice grips should help with the cuts.

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Took a bit to get it setup properly. The instructions said input 65-75 psi and that turns out to be a bit high. 45-50 psi from the compressor and it cuts like sheet metal like butter. Have not cut too much up yet and will be using a straight edge on lots o stuff.

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is cool Matt! I really want a plasma cutter, and had no idea they could be had that reasonably-priced. Let us know how you like it after using it for a while.
Lee, here is a link to the machine that I got - ForceCut 40D | Plasma Cutter

Got the machine, 15 extra consumables, a guide and shipping included for $500. The price plus the fact that it comes with a 5 year warranty and the guys over on Pirate highly suggest them pushed me this direction over a name brand. Ill post up a vid in a while.

·
Premium Member
8,287 Posts
Lee, here is a link to the machine that I got - ForceCut 40D | Plasma Cutter

Got the machine, 15 extra consumables, a guide and shipping included for $500. The price plus the fact that it comes with a 5 year warranty and the guys over on Pirate highly suggest them pushed me this direction over a name brand. Ill post up a vid in a while.
That's 1/3 -1/4 the cost of a comparable-spec Miller!

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
Matt,

Congrats on the new toy.. I'm still using the chop saw and angle grinder. Maybe you will get bored with yours and want to buy a bigger one, that way you can sell me this one for a song.. :)

So are you going to build some cool stuff for the FJ with your new toy? Maybe a new custom rack for that fridge?

-C

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The Thermal Dynamics stuff is top notch! I think the 42 Nick is getting runs about $950.

Here is the first real cutout that I did with my cutter....where do you presume they will end up....? If you are going to the Jambo you will find out.

Not the best but not bad for a rookie...I think. Its just a cool tool to use!

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Check it

1 - 14 of 14 Posts