Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,321 Posts
Real men can rock the postal jeep look!
:lol: :rofl:

Mine was bad for two reasons...

It was white- that added to the look and I added Bushwackers which made it look worse...

As seen here...

then added suspension +2", more back spacing +.5" and bigger shoes and removed the flairs....

:lol: hahahaha

One extreme to the other
:lol:

·
Premium Member
772 Posts
Yeah the bushwacker flares are too large, for any tire less than 15".

Yours went from a postal jeep to a white frog!

·
Premium Member
772 Posts
OP, do you have any pics after the lift install? I would like to see it with the spacers. Might be something I need to do. What size spacer did you use.

·
Registered
26 Posts
OC
also I will run my FJ right over there for the BC chop :). Toytech going on this weekend, spacers already on, then on with the 295/70/17 Nitto trail grapplers next weekend. BC will be a must....

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
OP, do you have any pics after the lift install? I would like to see it with the spacers. Might be something I need to do. What size spacer did you use.
Yes, here is a link to the lift thread: OME Installed.

I used the 1-1/4" Spidertrack spacers.

I am really liking the tires and the new suspension really brings the car to life.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I love the way they look. I have been on the edge with these tires because of the snow here in Colorado. Now that the Cooper ST Maxx comes in this size I think I am going to pull the trigger. looks great
:rocker:

·
Registered
7 Posts
How do the skinnier tires ride compared to the wider stock size 17's? I find the stock size will wander a bit on the roads here due to the truck ruts and the wideness of the tires - almost as if the tires are "hunting". Just wondering if the skinnier tires would eliminate the "hunting".

·
Registered
531 Posts
I personally prefer a wider tire. A lot of that though is i spend a lot of time in the dunes and 255 would be a disaster compared to my 295. The 255 will be more fuel efficient and better in snow - its always a compromise.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Soap box rant: This is a great tire, but why won't the manufacturers offer 265/80/17, 275/80/17, even 265/85/17? Seventeen is a good wheel size, but nothing's happened in 17 tire sizes since I bought my 2014 new. WTH.

·
Registered
2007 FJC 4x4.
9,767 Posts
Soap box rant: This is a great tire, but why won't the manufacturers offer 265/80/17, 275/80/17, even 265/85/17? Seventeen is a good wheel size, but nothing's happened in 17 tire sizes since I bought my 2014 new. WTH.
They do. The BFG KO2 "34x10.5x17" is a 265/82/17. Dont be fooled by BFG's inappropriate sizing...nowhere close to 34 really.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Yep, I'm aware of the BFG KO2 in that size, just not a huge fan of the KO tires, and their expense. There's also a Goodyear Kevlar MT/R in 275/80-17 at a published 34.6" with mixed reviews. Just seems like there's a giant hole in the 17" tire line-up across the board that none of the manufacturers are willing to fill. And if they do, it's E rated. I suspect collusion... ;-)

21 - 35 of 35 Posts