Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
You still had two wheels on solid ground? You have A-trac, R-locker? I guess if you high center the axles sometimes it's better to get help than to really bury it! lol

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
did you say "chain"?....
as in he pulled you out underload using a chain?
I was always under the impression that using a chain in loaded manner like this was dangerous....thus the use of snatchstraps and such?

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
did not try ATrac or Locker then you were not stuck.....

went out yesterday on a road I found...some deep holes in the road. started in 4x....then added ATrac...and then added Rear Locker for the further back ones as they were deep and heavily rutted from others not making it and digging it deeper and no place to turn around. Made it to turn around spot and back out but the ATrac and Locker was definately working over time. NO way my Cherokee would have made it through that stuff.

Think I will leave the FJ dirty for a week or two......as badge of honor. I need to do the SCUBA MOD this weekend.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I have heard of holes up there in the B.C. swallowing FJ'S whole!! YOU are a lucky man !!!!:cheers:

·
Registered
150 Posts
did you say "chain"?....
as in he pulled you out underload using a chain?
I was always under the impression that using a chain in loaded manner like this was dangerous....thus the use of snatchstraps and such?

I have buddies in the logging business and thats all they use for pulling out their equipment. Keep in mind though they don't get their chains at the local lowes or hardware store either.

·
Downwind
645 Posts
I have buddies in the logging business and thats all they use for pulling out their equipment. Keep in mind though they don't get their chains at the local lowes or hardware store either.
Logging is also the most dangerous job in the world because of the choker chains! Not wise and not worth it when 4wheeling.

FJcaz....you are on the wrong side of the road bro!

·
Registered
141 Posts
A few good lessons learned
don't ride alone
check water depth
a winch is your friend

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
i use a braided rope a friend custom made for me that thing has been through hell and back and 3 different trucks

·
Registered
166 Posts
I locked the rear diff, I just didn't try the a-trac. next time i'll try both:bigthumb:
Man, A-Trac is always on in my truck. Once you hit 4L it's there when you need it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts