Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am posting 5 directions for graphics for event. These include photo glamour shot and banner examples. I'll explain my thoughts on each.

Please comment and if you can pick one direction that you prefer. Based on comments we'll refine and update a final concept with additional materials to support Seth.

Each include:

1.interesting photo ( we can credit photographers on selected ones)We can keep this fresh by chaging photos now and then

2.Logo graphics for event. Some are "FJSummit2007" or "FJCruiserSummit2007" these are interchangeable.

2.FJCruiserforums.com identity

3. Date July 12-15

4. Location - Ouray Colorado

5. Examples of banners - we'll make more.

Apologies to Jeff, Jim and Graham if I stole your photos, we can credit you if you wish

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)

CONCEPT 1 Simple and conservative, FJ colors, good pop image! FJ mountains, what else is there! good Toyota ID as well

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

CONCEPT 2 Variation on Concept 1, FJ colors, good pop image! FJ mountains, Jeff's image as well, I think. A bit snowy but great shot. Graphics are more playful than first. Nice for a crisp white site.

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)

CONCEPT 3 Clean and most contemporary of the five. Sophisticated identity. Yet Mud graphics. This can play on many photos as well. Good plug for forum. This shot tells it all.

I need to enhance the blues in this one.

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)

CONCEPT 4 Love this shot. Graham ( or jimD) shot this and enhanced it. Playful, powerful pop graphics indicate "Big" event. Colors integrate with photo.

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)

CONCEPT 5 Colorado mountain theme. Sepia Gravure graphics. Nostalgic approach to retro future vehicle. Good Toyota plug, fun theme for swag graphics.

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Please review and comment. Try to stay within the lines unless you hate all of them. That way we can move ahead efficiently.

Hope this helps, Y'all!:cowtounge:

·
Premium Member
8,329 Posts
man this is tough!! I like concept 3, but concept 2 is excellent as well...and concept 4's graphics and text look awesome!! hmmm.

can you reply to all on our email list to let them know you posted them and you're looking for feedback? this is great!!!

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
FJR, I agree we can use the trail teams logo forum logo, and FJ logo on web site and in these ads if needed. But adding these plus the FJ Cruiser logo creates far too many elements in the event identity to start. I want a stand alone graphic that we can add to. Give me an opportunity to add these as needed. We may have a dozen sponsers.

Your photos can be used in any of the other concepts. My interest is to rotate several images to keep interest.

Your "SUMMIT" font is nice .I am not too excited about the slanted 2007 and "Ouray Colorado" font.

By not responding to my concepts I assume you prefer to take this responsibility on? There are a lot of materials that will need to be executed. I'll hand this over to you if you like.

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Here's my list of known collateral we'll be taking responsibility for:

Logo
Graphic support for Seth and the Website
T shirts
Hats
Ads
Stickers
Awards
Signage for Ouray
Collateral materials, - registration forms, sign up, releases.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well I hope so. :)

·
Premium Member
8,329 Posts
let's stick w/ the original plan please. Tim, let us know how everything is coming and send it to Seth as soon as you can. Thanks for all of your work! :)

Jason

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
I would sure hope that something as important as the identity and branding of the Summit could be an area where entire committee can offer input and ideas. I'd like to think we can work collaboratively and form a synergy of good input.

I know that when I go about organizing trail runs and such, I will not do that unilaterally. I will respect and support the good input of others.

T2 seems to have his shorts in a bunch. I honestly have no idea why.

I'm just trying to put forth some ideas that others are welcome to expand upon.

Here is one more possibility I was playing around with...

I'd like to hear what the group thinks.

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
From my first post:

"Please comment and if you can, pick one direction that you prefer. Based on comments we'll refine and update a final concept with additional materials to support Seth."

Thanks to all who commented. I am again soliciting opinions and suggestions. Below please find updated concept. This represents multiple variations that can be used in a campaign. We will add sponsers logos as they surface.

Additionally I have added preliminary graphic variations for shirts stickers etc.

Hope this helps,

Tim

·
Premium Member
3,414 Posts

CONCEPT 1 Simple and conservative, FJ colors, good pop image! FJ mountains, what else is there! good Toyota ID as well
Not too keen on this one.

CONCEPT 2 Variation on Concept 1, FJ colors, good pop image! FJ mountains, Jeff's image as well, I think. A bit snowy but great shot. Graphics are more playful than first. Nice for a crisp white site.
Love the font on this one. The rock look is cool and fun.

CONCEPT 3 Clean and most contemporary of the five. Sophisticated identity. Yet Mud graphics. This can play on many photos as well. Good plug for forum. This shot tells it all.

I need to enhance the blues in this one.
Kinda blah.

CONCEPT 4 Love this shot. Graham ( or jimD) shot this and enhanced it. Playful, powerful pop graphics indicate "Big" event. Colors integrate with photo.
Cool. I can see the first pic on the back of a T-Shirt for sure, but with a Voodoo Blue or Sun Fusion for more pop. The Black (or is it cherry?) FJ's lines get lost in the background.

CONCEPT 5 Colorado mountain theme. Sepia Gravure graphics. Nostalgic approach to retro future vehicle. Good Toyota plug, fun theme for swag graphics.
The second one is another T-Shirt graphic and I must say, my favorite of the bunch. Would work on black, white, green, grey, well.....a bunch of color shirts.

Great stuff t2. Keep up the good work.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts