Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody! We had a great day wheeling today (6-22-08). Brian came out with his FJ. Patrick bought his brother's Jeep and broke it in with us. Mark was there with his Expedition. Jerry was driving the Beast. And I was behind the wheel of our rig.

Patrick said he hadn't been wheeling in a long time, but you wouldn't have guessed it. He was right there with us the whole day.

Brian was really showing us how to do it. We have a little hill we call Kick Stand that is awesome. Last fall Jack really got the back tire in the air. Brian wanted to beat his record. We had to back him up a little, so the record may be safe but it was awesome.

Mark goes out with us all the time. He's has an Expedition that goes places it shouldn't, but he's a great driver & makes it look easy.

Jerry was driving The Beast. It goes places the rest of us can't. He tore it up!

And me, well I had a lot of wheel time. When I ran Kick Stand my dad had me at a different angle and we got the front tire up. It was cool!

Jimmy was riding shotgun with us. His rig was out of commisssion. He also had his kid's with him. They are from Texas and they had a great time. If you every get to the Four Corners look us up and we'll run some trails. MT

·
Premium Member
3,642 Posts
Nice - you are lucky to have such a great playground there Montana - :bigthumb:

-

-

·
Registered
8,153 Posts
Yes Montana and Phil a great day. Started with pizza and sodas. Then we hit the trails.

The best part was all the young people with us. What like a hundred or more? :stickpoke: Naw just a few. Hope they all left stoked about 4 wheeling and our wilderness areas.

Jack still has the record for the highest wheel off the ground. I was at the edge of my zone. Ya I backed a bit hard... didn't have the left foot/ right foot thing down. Then there was the power steering. Geeze!!! I was turning as hard as I could. In hindsight I should have put it in neutral and revved the engine a bit. I need to work on my brake control.

I just remember the video of the Hummer busting a steering rod... didn't want that to be me!

What a great day. I got to put a tire in the air several times, and hang out with good people.

Nice pics and videos.

Brian

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep, I live in a pretty good place for wheeling. We had a great time. There were 12 of us a Pizza Hut for a prerun feast. It was cool. Stacey I'm just waiting for you to get out this way. Lawrence any time you want to make a run up let us know. Thanks Vince, it's alway great to hear from you. I can't wait to see everyone at the Summit. Don't let Brian fool you - he does some awesome driving!!! MT

·
Registered
8,153 Posts
If I could re-address a couple of things here...

In the video of the yellow FJ (me) I swear I thought I was hard against the steering stop. Finally it took all I had to force the wheels to the left. Has anyone else ever seen this on the trail, where the power steering didn't turn the wheels with normal input?

Second has anyone ever busted something trying to force the steering?

Thanks in advance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts