Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I swapped over to some Kings requiring the front sway bar to be relocated and now of course my all pro front skid wont fit. Im sure the obvious answer is ....JUST BEND the skid but. Has anyone come up with a better way to deal with this besides removing the sway bar or BENDING the skid? Thanks

·
Registered
436 Posts
The Ricochet skid works with the relocated sway bar as well.

·
Registered
717 Posts
I didn't have this problem but a good rock bent the skid into the sway bar, I removed the skid and bashed it back and re-installed

Mike

·
Premium Member
9,302 Posts
Is the front swaybar relocation a requirement with all Kings? Is it relocated to mount reservoir bracket?

Have them on way, as well, so I guess I have this to look forward to.
Ive got buds.

·
Premium Member
9,302 Posts
Does anyone have pics of the relocated bracket?

·
Wanderlust
4,158 Posts
Does anyone have pics of the relocated bracket?
Here's mine. King's front reservoir brackets move the OEM front sway bar brackets 3/4" down and 5/8" forward for the 2007-2009 model years (I don't have measurements for 2010+). Photo shown is with Bud Built front skid plate. As the front wheels cycle up and down, the front of the sway bar pivots or twists in an arc around the two bushings and could scrape on the front angled portion of the engine skid plate.

·
Premium Member
9,302 Posts
Here's mine. King's front reservoir brackets move the OEM front sway bar brackets 3/4" down and 5/8" forward for the 2007-2009 model years (I don't have measurements for 2010+). Photo shown is with Bud Built front skid plate. As the front wheels cycle up and down, the front of the sway bar pivots or twists in an arc around the two bushings and could scrape on the front angled portion of the engine skid plate.

Thank you, again. I couldn't conceptualize why the sway bar would be relocated , nor how the skid could be affected. I see now.

Thank you

Delancy

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I utilized 1 inch box tubing cut to the front side lip length of the plate and it provided adequate clearance as well as structural support across the length of the plate. Thank you all for the replies.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts