Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. Just a quick note to say thanks for all the FJ knowledge and information I got from my time here. My green FJ is with a new owner now, and I am now driving a 2019 4Runner Off Road Premium.

FJ:

'Runner:

I bought the FJ new back in OCT 2009, and really loved that truck. My wife is convinced I'll have another one, and I think she's right. The Runner is certainly a nice and very capable truck, but I don't love it like the FJ. But it was new, it has a warranty, and should serve me well for a while. I would have bought a brand new FJ over the Runner if I could, and yeah, I've looked into importing a 2020 from the middle east! So, if you see a guy driving around Denver staring at your FJ, it's probably just me. I'll stop back from time to time to get my FJ fix.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Nice - I am having thoughts of a similar "downgrade" - Mod's don't ban me :)

That is not July snow - right? You bought it (4 Runner) a while back? How many miles on it and how do you like it?

·
Admin
7,331 Posts
Good looking 4runner!

Enjoy!
🍻 🍻🍻

(and no, we do not ban people just because they move on from the FJ)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Foxtrot, that was November snow last year in Crested Butte. I bought the Runner in July 2019...kinda late here! I've got just under 12K on it now. Gas mileage is about the same as the FJ - 18'ish on a good tank. But that's with 285's AT3W's too, and I had pizza cutters on the FJ. Less interior room than the FJ, height and width. Reminds me A LOT of the FJ-60 I used to own. Performance is great, even here at altitude. I can easily accelerate up the passes. I like the visibility out the back better, and the rear hatch better than the FJ. I don't like the spare being under the truck. Seats are about even, maybe a slight edge to the FJ. HVAC controls are about even. The Runner is a great truck, but I miss the quirkiness of the FJ (three wipers!), and the nod back to the FJ-40 (I have one of those too). Other than the bodies, the Runner and FJ are about equal.

Reactions: FoxtrotJuliet
1 - 4 of 4 Posts