Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided it was time to finally join and stop lurking :zlurking:.
I had been wanting to get into an FJ Cruiser for several years now, and thanks to the Volkswagen TDI settlement, I am now an FJ owner.

I found this 07 in San Diego with just over 103k miles on it, The owner took great care of it, and even threw in the M-Pac Gen2 Pet Barrier, which is perfect for our German Shepherd. I don't think I've stopped smiling since the first drive.

I like the FJ much more than I ever did my Jetta Sportwagen. A few of my favorite things are:

• A compass that works! - The compass in my Jetta would never point in a cardinal direction and the dealership had no idea why. It annoyed me to no end.
  • A plastic cargo bay - Vacuuming an 87lb German Shepherd, worth of shed hair, out of the carpet (floor, rear seat backs, walls) in the Jetta was a real pain.
  • Fuel mileage is better than rated. I am able to get over 21mpg out of a tank (stock besides AEM dryflow filter). Keeping it 70mph and under on the highway, and generous use of cruise control is a big part of it.
  • It's just really fun to drive.
The forum was a great help when I was doing my research prior to purchase, so thanks to everyone for that.

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
28,832 Posts
Welcome!

·
Premium Member
970 Posts
Welcome from Georgia!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Remember where you live! It is too easy to get busy with day-to-day life and not enjoy our surroundings.

Sometimes I will get up in the morning, have my coffee,and realize I have not been to the post office in a few days. I get in the car and start driving. A few miles down the road I realize where I am. This is the place I used to drive 1000 miles to get to see. Everything is a post card. I drive through a freakin' national part to get groceries!

Abuse that FJ like it's gonna get repossessed!

Matt B

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Welcome from the UK.

Glad that VW did something right!...bought you an FJ
Yes they did. Well, 90% of one, but close enough. :)

Remember where you live! It is too easy to get busy with day-to-day life and not enjoy our surroundings.

Sometimes I will get up in the morning, have my coffee,and realize I have not been to the post office in a few days. I get in the car and start driving. A few miles down the road I realize where I am. This is the place I used to drive 1000 miles to get to see. Everything is a post card. I drive through a freakin' national part to get groceries!

Abuse that FJ like it's gonna get repossessed!

Matt B
Absolutely. I am learning that the hard way. I definitely need to get out more. Especially with so much more being open to exploration vs driving a passenger car.

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
Welcome...

·
Premium Member
861 Posts
Welcome from Flagstaff AZ!

·
Premium Member
16,344 Posts
Welcome aboard!