Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone, I'm from Moab. I make donuts for a living. I bought my 2008 FJ with 149,000 miles (current) three years ago, a couple of weeks before I moved to Eastern Utah. I've been a regular visitor to the FJ forum ever since I bought my car. I guess I just chose to wait to officially join the site and make my introduction today.

I love my FJ. I refer to it as my Moab Cadillac. Everywhere I go, I do so in style and comfort. Let's face the facts, it gets stupid hot in Moab. Yesterday it was 109 degrees, my AC works well. A lot better then the AC in a UTV or a Jeep without doors.

I'm not a rock crawler, I'm more of an explorer. I love to take the FJ out onto one of the many, many, many trails and just see where things take me. As all of you know the FJ is awesome. I have never come across anything I couldn't make it through. The car is just plain fun.

Honestly, the most work my FJ gets is hauling 1200 lbs of flour and sugar from Grand Junction CO to Moab every two weeks. It does really well driving around over it's weight limit. It even cruises nicely at 80mph (the legal speed limit) on I70. But dang-o it sucks down the gas at that speed with that much weight. Add a nice head wind and you can almost watch the needle move towards empty.

And to address the elephant in the room. Yes I do have white rims and yes I do like them (they match the roof), although it took a long time for them to grow on me. There has to be more FJ's per capita in Moab than anywhere else in the country. Add the visiting FJ's and there's a whole bunch in this small town. The one thing that sets my car apart from every other FJ are my white rims. Nobody has white rims. A buddy of mine in the UTV rental business told me of a video with a FJ with white rims rolling his vehicle messing around on the rocks. He thought it was me until he saw the Arkansas license plate.

My car is essentially stock. I have the brush guard and the side steps, both Toyota accessories. My tires are the most awesome BF Goodrich All-terrain TA. I also changed the stereo head unit with a Sony double dim, so that I could have a back-up camera.

I appreciate being able to join the group. I welcome everyone to stop by my donut shop. It's called The Donut Shop. It's located on 65 E Center Street. It's about 100 yards down the street from where I took the picture of my car. Stop by, say hi, mention this forum and I'll give you a free donut.

John,
Moab's Donutman

Wheel Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Tire Car

·
16,908 Posts

·
Premium Member
584 Posts
Welcome from Iowa.

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
Welcome from Oregon :)

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
41,544 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
378 Posts
Welcome from the SoCal Hi-Desert you lucky bugger.

·
Premium Member
17,095 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
281 Posts
Welcome from California. I'll have to take you up on the free donut offer, I love donuts.🤤

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Welcome from Vancouver, Canada! Hell's Revenge is on my bucket list.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Greetings from Washington state. Attended Cruise Moab in mid April for the first time. Had a blast, Rising Sun 4x4 hosted a great event!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Welcome from Vancouver, Canada! Hell's Revenge is on my bucket list.
I live just about 5 miles from Hell's Revenge's trailhead. Land Rover tests their new vehicles on Hell's Revenge to see if they are worthy. When you're done with Hell's Revenge you can give Fins and Things a try.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Welcome aboard from Phoenix. Moab is a great place to own an FJ. I feel your pain on the heat, 117 forecast here all week.

·
MOAB SUPERSTAR
6,620 Posts
Greetings from VT and x2 on you being a lucky guy! @Iconic_ and the rest of us will most definitely be stopping by soon 😋

·
Registered
194 Posts
Another FJ owner from Iowa welcomes you! How long have you had the donut shop? I think I was there in July of last year. I will stop again next time I am out in Moab.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts