Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, my name is Ed. I am now a very proud owner of my dream FJ, 2007 manual. Thank you to the FJ person who recommended me this forum! I was on a side of the road fixing my drive belt, when another FJ stopped and this kind person offer help. Anyone else from North of Seattle here?

Attachments

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
43,231 Posts
Welcome!

Reactions: Miorr

·
Registered
2010TT AT
1,554 Posts
Hi Miorr, welcome from Ohio!
That's a great story about finding the Forum

·
Premium Member
17,146 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
635 Posts
And another welcome from Vancouver, BC! I as well like how you found us. You have a great looking FJ there (but aren't they all great looking?). Maybe it's just the pic but yours looks lifted- do you know what size tires are on it? Any plans to explore the Wilds in the works?
Enjoy your FJ, wherever the journey may take you. Al

·
Premium Member
4,754 Posts
Welcome from Oregon :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
And another welcome from Vancouver, BC! I as well like how you found us. You have a great looking FJ there (but aren't they all great looking?). Maybe it's just the pic but yours looks lifted- do you know what size tires are on it? Any plans to explore the Wilds in the works?
Thank you, definitely enjoying it already! Yep, mine is lifted with LT285/75 R16 126 on Ultra Motorsports 195 Crusher Wheel :) . Went to a few hikes locally where roads are particularly bad, and it was ecstatic driving my FJ. Can't even feel the ditches rocks nor pools. LOVE IT! I am so ready to take it in the snow.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Thank you, definitely enjoying it already! Yep, mine is lifted with LT285/75 R16 126 on Ultra Motorsports 195 Crusher Wheel :) . Went to a few hikes locally where roads are particularly bad, and it was ecstatic driving my FJ. Can't even feel the ditches rocks nor pools. LOVE IT! I am so ready to take it in the snow.
If you haven't already, buy a small compressor so you can air down when you hit the dirt. You think it's great now- at 18- 20 psi you'll be amazed at the ride improvement and the traction gained from the bigger footprint is not to be denied. My son has aired down to 12 psi in the snow and said it was phenomenal! Oh- the air-down tool that pulls the valve stem to make it much quicker is worth it as well. We have 1 like this-
Natural material Audio equipment Output device Jewellery Auto part

If you've done all this already, then, never mind... ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If you haven't already, buy a small compressor so you can air down when you hit the dirt. You think it's great now- at 18- 20 psi you'll be amazed at the ride improvement and the traction gained from the bigger footprint is not to be denied. My son has aired down to 12 psi in the snow and said it was phenomenal! Oh- the air-down tool that pulls the valve stem to make it much quicker is worth it as well. We have 1 like this-
View attachment 1183184
If you've done all this already, then, never mind... ;)
I m definitely looking into buying a small compressor. Right now I only got couple of commercial size for construction, works in the garage, but not on the road. Great tip on lowering psi, thank you! will have to try it next time I go off road. (y)

·
Registered
2011 FJ Cruiser Iceberg
802 Posts
I m definitely looking into buying a small compressor. Right now I only got couple of commercial size for construction, works in the garage, but not on the road. Great tip on lowering psi, thank you! will have to try it next time I go off road. (y)
I was off roading on Sunday, shoot me a message when you head down my way and want to jump onto some trails off I-90

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I was off roading on Sunday, shoot me a message when you head down my way and want to jump onto some trails off I-90
I was driving by Fall City just last Saturday. Next time, I will definitely message you ahead. Meanwhile, gotta fix my transmission, having a hard time switching into 1, 3rd, 5th gear on the run. Do you know of any good mechanic that I can trust my soul? I would do it myself, changed my clutch couple months ago, but I don't have time right now, working two jobs. - Thanks!

·
Registered
2011 FJ Cruiser Iceberg
802 Posts
I was driving by Fall City just last Saturday. Next time, I will definitely message you ahead. Meanwhile, gotta fix my transmission, having a hard time switching into 1, 3rd, 5th gear on the run. Do you know of any good mechanic that I can trust my soul? I would do it myself, changed my clutch couple months ago, but I don't have time right now, working two jobs. - Thanks!
I do all the work myself, can't make a recommendation but, would suggest starting with a tranny flush (when you get time)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts