Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats going on guys?

For my first post on the FJ forums I decided to introduce myself and post up some pics of my FJ.

Its a pre-owned 2008 in Quicksand, and it came with convenience package #2 (i believe).

Anyways, my name is Ray, and as the title states, I'm from Las Vegas. I've been lurking these forums for a while and I finally decided to sign up and post.

The FJ's caught my eye in 2007, and finally, about 4 years later, I was able to afford my very own.

IMG_0071.jpg

IMG_0076.jpg

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
First post with pics - nice. There are quite a few people on here from Vegas. The FJ is a great vehicle for the desert. It has kick-a$$ A/C.

·
Premium Member
17,057 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Premium Member
1,491 Posts
Welcome to the FJ community!!!
I see ya posted this up just after midnight, if your still up we're doing a run up to angel peak at 9 this morning. No better way to break her in a bit. LoL
If not, well, our local Vegas group SCWFJs gets together pretty often for runs and meetups. Hope to see ya in the dirt soon!!

·
fka luvshisfj
2,069 Posts
Welcome to the party...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Whats up guys?!!!!??

First off, I wanna say thanks for all the warm welcomes!

I've been lurking this message board for quite some time now and I must say, it is bad ****ing ass!!!

All you dudes seem really cool and friendly, and i'm really excited to start becoming part of this online community.

real quick: I'm definitely a n00b when it comes to FJ's, with this being my very first one, so i'm really glad i found this site.

First post with pics - nice. There are quite a few people on here from Vegas. The FJ is a great vehicle for the desert. It has kick-a$$ A/C.
hell yeah! and thanks btw!

sadly, i've already used the A/C on a trip to L.A. just a few days ago.. i was trying to not turn it on until it got really hot in vegas.

but the A/C is pretty bad ass.

Welcome aboard!
thanks Archy!

Welcome to the FJ community!!!
I see ya posted this up just after midnight, if your still up we're doing a run up to angel peak at 9 this morning. No better way to break her in a bit. LoL
If not, well, our local Vegas group SCWFJs gets together pretty often for runs and meetups. Hope to see ya in the dirt soon!!
PM sent! but anyways, I'll be checking out that other site soon.

I definitely cant wait to take my FJ off roading.

heres a noob question: my FJ is completely stock, so can it handle something like the Angel Peak run?

Welcome to the party...
Thanks Raggler

Hello and welcome!
Thanks man!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Heres a few pics from yesterday.. I gave my FJ its first wash and i decided to take some pics

IMG_0160.jpg

IMG_0161.jpg

IMG_0167.jpg

IMG_0164.jpg

and this last one is just for LOLs... please dont take it too seriously..haha
smiley face.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,491 Posts
heres a noob question: my FJ is completely stock, so can it handle something like the Angel Peak run?
Ya, it was probably doable stock w/spotter but as it turned out it wasnt very paint friendly. Haha.
Theres some runs coming up that are probably a lil more appropriate for a new, stock rig. Still should be hella fun and def give you a taste of what they're capable of.

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Whats going on guys?

For my first post on the FJ forums I decided to introduce myself and post up some pics of my FJ.

Its a pre-owned 2008 in Quicksand, and it came with convenience package #2 (i believe).

Anyways, my name is Ray, and as the title states, I'm from Las Vegas. I've been lurking these forums for a while and I finally decided to sign up and post.

The FJ's caught my eye in 2007, and finally, about 4 years later, I was able to afford my very own.
Very nice FJ, Ray, it looks brand new. I'm also a new FJ owner and didn't know the Quicksand color was available in 2008.

Your brush guard and rock sliders look good; who made them?:wave:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Very nice FJ, Ray, it looks brand new. I'm also a new FJ owner and didn't know the Quicksand color was available in 2008.

Your brush guard and rock sliders look good; who made them?:wave:
thanks brutha!

it looks very very brand new..the story behind it is this: around 2007-2008, a soldier bought it but got deployed to iraq not long after. his mom decided to keep it for him.

she got the rock sliders and steps installed b/c she was an older woman and had trouble getting into the FJ (cuz its a BEAST!).. anyways, she got fed up with it and traded it in for a corolla on a thursday... we went and got it a few days later on saturday.

needless to say, it wasnt driven very much.. it only had approx. 1100 miles in it when we picked it up.

the rock rails...idk who the real manufacturer is, and the brush guard "might" be OEM...but the dealership wasnt too sure either.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
anyways, i'm about to go to the DMV to register my baby..

lets hope that i dont get raped with an expensive registration fee..

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
Welcome to the gang.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks guys!

I've been heavily browsing the web for more parts.. i'm hoping to start some MOD's in the next few months.

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
WELCOME!:wave:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts