Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone!

My name is Pablo, and I am new to this forum. I bought an FJ cruiser last year, and I am looking into certain simple modifications for my offroad adventures.

Interestingly, I bought my FJ brand new, 0 miles, since in my country there are still some in stock to be purchased.

...So, although my FJ is legally from 2019, it was from the last batch that was manufactured some years ago.

Right now I am looking into options to install rear led lights. I think I will install them over my roof rack (OEM). I am also an avid angler and kayaker, so I use my rack to load my kayak too. This said, I think I will use 2 square, 3x3 inch lights so they do not get on the way when loading the kayak. My question is, though, what´s my best option to run the cable all the way to the roof? Can the cables go through the rack? And if so, do I need to modify anything, other than drilling the rack to pull the cable out?

Thanks everyone in advance!

·
Premium Member
16,746 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Welcome from Vancouver, Canada!

·
MOAB SUPERSTAR
6,356 Posts
Welcome Pablo! Lucky you....a brand new FJ :rocker: I powered my rear roof lights by using hollowed out bolts in the feet of he roofrack. It’s been leak-free for years whereas drilling the roof for my front light bar has been a leaky pain. If you get a lot of rain, avoid drilling your roof! Drill the bolts and seal well :smile

Attachments

·
Premium Member
906 Posts
Howdie from Texas!

·
Registered
867 Posts
Hi Pablo, welcome from central Ohio!
Congrats on the FJ and getting a new 2019 one - wish we were that lucky here :bigthumb:

Reactions: Pablo Contreras

·
Premium Member
3,574 Posts
Welcome from Oregon :smile

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
Welcome Pablo.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts