Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 241 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It's here again! But this one is now CLOSED... Sorry!

Brought to you by Ellis Precision, you have an opportunity to purchase aFe CAI's in volume with substantial discounts.

Prices are the same as the previous buy, but I had to add the Paypal fees I lose from collecting for a lump sum as aFe has asked for (Paypal payments only). Mailed payments are accepted but must be submitted one week before the end of the buy. If you don't remember, please PM me for pricing info. I'm sorry I can not post the prices up, but rest assured it is the best deal in town. Any town.

51-81162 -aFe ProDry S intake

54-81162 -aFe Standard intake

75-81162 -aFe ProGuard 7 intake

Please visit aFe - '07 Toyota FJ Cruiser, '05-'07 Tacoma, '03-'07 4Runner V6-4.0L

These have three different filter media types, which are explained best at their site.

These prices do not include shipping, so account for shipping from the Seattle area to you when you decide whether to sign up. Shipping costs will be actual costs, I'm not making any money on this deal, other than savings on my intake, so I really can't afford to be paying anyone's shipping. I may be able to provide a weight for you to calculate the shipping method of your choice, but not at this time.

edit: Here are the Paypal fees if you pay that route. If you need an explanation shoot me a PM and I'll explain. Basically by me collecting the lump sum with no markup on these prices I end up
footing the paypal bill. I submit the full price of each intake direct to the aFe distributor. I rounded up to the nearest quarter dollar for ease and as the amount increases so does the fee.

ProDryS paypal fee: $8.50
Standard paypal fee: $8.75
ProGuard paypal fee: $9.25

Extra filter and cleaning kit paypal fee: $2.00

Post up! Serious buyers please post an official "I'm in!" We need 12+ to get these prices and complete a buy.

1. Royy (ProDryS kit with spare standard filter and cleaning kit)
2. Nes1 (ProDryS kit with spare ProGuard7 and cleaning kit)
3. RESE (ProDryS kit with spare ProGuard7 and cleaning kit)
4. PhilC64 (Standard kit)
5. AcadiaCruiser (ProDryS kit with spare standard filter and cleaning kit)
6. MD_FJ (ProDryS kit)
7. Morowe (ProDryS kit with spare ProGuard7 and cleaning kit)
8. Gfrog (Standard kit with spare ProGuard7 and cleaning kit)
9. ZroBug (ProGuard7 kit)
10. tnegiet (ProDryS kit with spare ProGuard7 and cleaning kit)
11. tuqk4u (ProDryS kit with spare ProGuard7 and cleaning kit)
12. xsr71x (ProDryS kit with extra ProGuard7 and cleaning kit)
13. P4Cruiser (ProDryS kit with spare ProGuard7 and cleaning kit)
14. AZ SE (ProDryS kit)
15. J-Rock! (ProDryS kit)
16. USMC_Sgt (ProDryS kit with spare ProGuard7 and cleaning kit)
17. dconstruck (ProDryS kit with spare ProGuard7 and cleaning kit)
18. SHAN (Standard kit)
19. ironranger (Standard kit and cleaning kit)
20. Namgorf (ProDryS with spare ProGuard7 and cleaning kit)
21. Spytech (ProDryS kit)
22. Buckwheat (ProDryS with spare ProGuard7 and cleaning kit)
23. Javadog (ProDryS kit)
24. FJTUNER (Standard kit with spare ProGuard7 and cleaning kit)
25. Silverdusk (ProDryS with spare ProGuard7 and cleaning kit)
26. zelig2 (ProDryS kit with spare ProGuard7 and cleaning kit)
27. daPitbull (ProDryS kit)
28. CDriver (ProDryS kit)
29. FJVancouver (Standard kit)

30. ME!! :D

·
Registered
759 Posts
I posted the differences between the various filter types before on the first aFe thread but here you go again.

"The difference between the "Pro-Guard 7" series filter and the "High Performance" series filter is that the Pro-Guard 7 features 5 layers of progressively finer mesh medical grade cotton gauze with micro fibers that attract smaller & smaller particles of dust and dirt as air passes through. The other 2 layers of material consist of random-porosity non-woven synthetic polyester fabric. This makes the Pro-Guard 7 series filter able to handle huge volumes of dust-laden air without clogging prematurely. This filter will give the same filtration protection as the stock paper filter, if not better and still flow ¾'s more air than stock. I recommend the Pro-Guard 7 series for construction vehicles, farm equipment, ranch vehicles, vehicles that are driven on dirt roads a lot. serious off road vehicles, or any vehicle that spends 50% or more of the time driving in dirty air conditions. The filter media is generally gold in color.

The "High Performance" series filter has 5 layers of progressively finer mesh medical grade cotton gauze with micro fibers as well. That means it will attract smaller & smaller particles of dust and dirt as air passes through just like the Pro-Guard 7 series filter. This allows more air to pass through into the engine, which will produce more torque & horsepower, but will still filter out nearly as much dust & dirt as the stock paper filter. I recommend our High-Performance series filters for vehicles that spend 80-90% of the time driving on the highway, towing a 5th wheel or travel trailer or a good size boat or any large load. If you drive in an area where you have a lot of grades to climb or in high altitudes, this filter series will allow the maximum amount of air into the engine for greatest amount of torque and horsepower. It will in fact almost make you believe that you are driving a gas motor vehicle, that's how good the throttle response is. The filter media is generally blue in color.

The Pro Dry-S filters fall right in between the Pro-Guard 7 series and the High Performance series filters as far as filtration protection and CFM rates."

·
Registered
18 Posts
Please add to the list for round 2 for the dry filter. How much will the replacement filters cost?

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Well, you had another sale until you got to the paypal thing........I can't in good conscience deal with those crooks, so I'll just keep on shopping.

·
Premium Member
6,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Well, you had another sale until you got to the paypal thing........I can't in good conscience deal with those crooks, so I'll just keep on shopping.
Nothing wrong with mailing the payment...

Those "crooks" take a few bucks from each payment as you know, but I have to forward the full amounts to aFe. I can't afford to be footing the Paypal bill for everyone like I did in round 1.

A money order or cashier's cheque is perfectly acceptable.

Cheers,

Joel

edit: By the way, many of the guys in round one did send me the paypal fees and I didn't even have to ask. Shows what a great community we have... mostly.

Still shopping "Mud Draggin'" ??? I even PM'ed you an alternative but you chose not too respond. Oh well :D

·
Registered
759 Posts
Just send FJoel a check or money order, nobody said YOU have to use PayPal, just that he had to PayPal aFe the money before.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
I missed the last one due to being out of town without Internet access! I'm in with the Standard FJoel (54-81162 -aFe Standard intake) I'll Paypal you as soon as you get enough buyers! I'm still kicking myself for missing out on the last one!

·
Premium Member
6,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I missed the last one due to being out of town without Internet access! I'm in with the Standard FJoel (54-81162 -aFe Standard intake) I'll Paypal you as soon as you get enough buyers! I'm still kicking myself for missing out on the last one!
Sorry... I didn't realize you were out of town until you told me once you were back, and I had already submitted the totals.

I got you down for the Standard kit. :)

·
Registered
414 Posts
well, i'm finally gonna bite the bullet and go with the pro dry-S with the Standard filter as an extra.

how soon would we get these if we were to complete the group buy by the end of next week? (feb 23rd)

i am planning on moving asap once i get a job, but i'm still looking for jobs so i might not be out of here until middle of march. i'd like my CAI before my long awaited road trip to wherever i get a job out west.

·
Premium Member
6,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
well, i'm finally gonna bite the bullet and go with the pro dry-S with the Standard filter as an extra.

how soon would we get these if we were to complete the group buy by the end of next week? (feb 23rd)

i am planning on moving asap once i get a job, but i'm still looking for jobs so i might not be out of here until middle of march. i'd like my CAI before my long awaited road trip to wherever i get a job out west.
I'll get you down. It will be about a two to three week turnaround unfortunately, from the time everyone has paid. I think the last one almost depleted their stocks...:)

1 - 20 of 241 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.