Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I missed the Tacomaworld group buy, didn't see it in time. I'm in the market for a rack and was wondering if there was a group buy going on anywhere right now.

Also trying to narrow it down to one out of three possible racks for my purposes. I'm looking at the utility flat rack, the utility flat rack 55" and the expedition rack.

I'm going to be travelling in my FJ and sleeping in a RTT to travel from Florida to Colorado and the midwest. One big overland of the US over 3 weeks. I want the RTT, an awning, a set of Maxtrax and a hardbox up on the roof. What would you guys suggest?

Throwing up a picture for attention.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well I couldn't find a group buy so I just bought a flat rack from you and an awning mount from PurFjcruiser.com. It should be a pretty good fit with my new Smittybilt tent and ARB 2000 awning.

Hopefully the rack will lower the tent a bit and unsure the ladder makes solid contact with the ground. I also hope the awning will make for a good addition to the tent for my cross country trip this summer. :grin

·
Registered
329 Posts
I'm also in the market and would've loved to join a GB. Too bad this forum has been relatively inactive. I guess I'll have to join Tacoma forums to catch anything.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm also in the market and would've loved to join a GB. Too bad this forum has been relatively inactive. I guess I'll have to join Tacoma forums to catch anything.
Tacomaworld.com has a much better vendor section than this site. There's just a lot more people. I've been to a few of the Florida meet and greet / wheeling trips and they usually bring out 50-60 trucks so if you like weekend wheeling trips, check out their trip threads too.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Tacomaworld.com has a much better vendor section than this site. There's just a lot more people. I've been to a few of the Florida meet and greet / wheeling trips and they usually bring out 50-60 trucks so if you like weekend wheeling trips, check out their trip threads too.
I'll be sure to check that site often. I'm on the West Coast though, so I don't plan on making a drive out there ever. :lol:

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Seems to be a great company, but I already bought mine and expect it tomorrow. I've actually been looking at some of your gas and water mounts for the rear door for some time now. I'll be driving from Florida to Colorado to do some wheeling in June, and these mounts have some appeal.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Yes, I think it is entirely driven by the number of Tacomas that are on the road. Much bigger market than FJs.

My advice is to watch the www.TacomaWorld.com and Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum forums for group buys. You will see some of the same vendors and same people in all three forums. The downside to all this is that limited group buys can sell out quickly. For example, Prinsu Racks had a group buy with over 150 buyers and dozens that wanted on the wait list. So even if they have more, you still gotta stay up on what's being offered and be timely about joining.

Also note that forums are more than just buying clubs. And, i will say that the forums each seem to have a different personality. I have seen some real nastiness on the TacomaWorld forums that is not present here. The Toyota-4Runner.org forum falls somewhere in between FJCruiserForums and TacomaWorld (just my opinion about what I have seen - others may think differently).

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, I think it is entirely driven by the number of Tacomas that are on the road. Much bigger market than FJs.

My advice is to watch the www.TacomaWorld.com and Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum forums for group buys. You will see some of the same vendors and same people in all three forums. The downside to all this is that limited group buys can sell out quickly. For example, Prinsu Racks had a group buy with over 150 buyers and dozens that wanted on the wait list. So even if they have more, you still gotta stay up on what's being offered and be timely about joining.

Also note that forums are more than just buying clubs. And, i will say that the forums each seem to have a different personality. I have seen some real nastiness on the TacomaWorld forums that is not present here. The Toyota-4Runner.org forum falls somewhere in between FJCruiserForums and TacomaWorld (just my opinion about what I have seen - others may think differently).

Agreed. This is a great forum with lots of info, it's just lacking in the group buys due to the size limitations. It just makes sense for vendors to hit the sites with more members.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts