Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have been scratching my head trying to figure out how and where to mount my shotgun. I never leave my house without my .40 cal (on my waist) and i always have my shotgun in my car. So here is what i decided to do:

The materials i got were:

A galvanized steel bar
2, 2" 10mmx1.25 bolts
4 bolts, washers, lock washers, and nuts (whatever size...small 5/16"?)
2 quick fists
Black spray paint

I cut the steel bar into 3 pieces. 2 of the pieces were about 3-4" and were the mounts extending from the seat bolt (10mm) up to the steel bar that the quick fist were going to be mounted on. I connected the vertical mounts to the horizontal mount using the smaller bolts. Painted it, positioned the quick fists and put it in the FJ!

*****Check your state laws to see if this is legal! It is NOT legal in many states******

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
i like the mount as well but i got so much stuff on the floor i dont think it would work out for me but ur mounting system is giving me ideas to mount it someplace else. thanks 4 the tip

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
Creative, I like it!

·
A-Team Moderator
7,932 Posts
Good idea, but like Juan said, take it one step further and put a lock on it. Galls and Santa Cruz Gun locks are available. It's cheap insurance. Run a wire to a timer switch. Hit the button and you have 8 seconds to open the lock. They also come w/ either a Medeco or cuff key back back up.

Tufloc High Security Products

Els-271, Els-240, Gun-racks, Els-270-w-surefire-m-500a, Els-220 Manufacturer & Wholesale Supplier From Usa

SC-916-1 Wall/Trunk Shotgun Mounted - Santa Cruz Gunlocks

Universal Gun Lock at Galls

Tufloc Delay Timer for Gun Locks at Galls

:cheers:

·
Registered
263 Posts
Nice set-up, especially if you don't have any kids sitting back there with wet-salt-stained winter boots.

This is my set-up;

Draw-back is that mine isn't as quickly accessible as yours.

·
Premium Member
1,421 Posts
I agree. Loaded, or not, keep muzzle away from you. Nice job.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I like how the trigger is guarded on both sides there. Not sure I like the location blocking the passenger seat but its better than standing it upright for the world to see.

Seems like there was an article in the paper about how a guy had his shotgun on the seat of his truck and the dog jumped in and on the seat, and well, shot the owner. Paw hitting the trigger.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts