Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I got a crack in the windshield after a rock hit it on the road.....had a glass repair company come out and fix the windshield....all seems good but as I was driving in the rain it seems like the wipers are not touching like they used to......cant explain it best I can describe is when the wipers are getting worn out it leaves alot of streaking, like it hardly makes a connection with the windshield.........thats what is happening and these are fairly new wipers, and it was not doing this before they replaced it.

I am a little worried because I found 2 screws and bolts in my garage when they left.....so thats issue #1

Issue #2 can the wipers be adjusted to make a closer swipe or connection on the windshield? if so is it complicated?

I am thinking about takeing it to the dealership and haveing them give it a once over

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Sounds like they did not replace the wipers correctly. Is there any other FJs in your area for a comparison? Or maybe a quick trip to the dealer and ask the service manager to take a look.

·
Premium Member
13,654 Posts
Was it a Toyota windshield or on aftermarket one?

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
Was it a Toyota windshield or on aftermarket one?
Good call. I don't know if there is much of a way to adjust the wipers in how close they are to the windshield. The shape of the new windshield could be the issue.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
got it taken care of guys.....took a quick trip to the dealer, basically what we figured out was the glue somehow was on the bottom of the wipers.....a few minutes with some alcohol spray on the wipers cured the issue :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts