Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

61 - 78 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Good Times said:
Here's the official word from ARB as of this morning:

"The prototype FJ Cruiser bullbar should be arriving in the USA by end of next week and will be trial fitted within a week after receipt of the prototype bar. Once we have verified fitment, yes or no, we will be able to advise on production and delivery schedules."

Um, WOOT!!!!!!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Good Times said:
Here's the official word from ARB as of this morning:

"The prototype FJ Cruiser bullbar should be arriving in the USA by end of next week and will be trial fitted within a week after receipt of the prototype bar. Once we have verified fitment, yes or no, we will be able to advise on production and delivery schedules."

Here is an excerpt from an e-mail I just got from Tim Lund at ARB:

"ARB is currently working on an FJ Cruiser bumper and will be testing a prototype unit in the next couple of weeks. If everything fits to ARB standards, then we could see these bars in production within 2-3 months.

They can be purchased through our regular ARB distributor network, but Toyota will be receiving the first of these new bars, it may be faster for you to order one with you Toyota dealer and have it come as a factory option."

Will this bumper be on the special edition??

·
Registered
722 Posts
Thats the best news Ive heard in a while..... Sweet!!!

ARB/TRD package on the Special Edition now that would be sick... To bad im not gonna wait that long!!!

MACTIKI

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
I'm betting that buy the time the special edition comes out that some of the initial units sold are already WAY cooler. MacTiki - I would bet yours will be one of em and we better get pictures!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Good to know a good welder, I live in Westminster CO, need side bars welded on my Tacoma 2005, could you give me his number? Thanks, Eli.
PS: My wife will be getting a FJ at the end of this year, I will post pics of the Denver Show this month. Will be asking all the questions that I can, and some more that I read here, will try to do my best for all of us that can wait for the FJ comes out. Will bug the sh..... of ARB reps about the Bumper.

·
Premium Member
3,445 Posts
Was hoping these guys would make one for the FJ. I e-mailed them and this was their response:

Eric-

I apologize, I thought we had replied to this previously. We have no plans for manufacturing parts for the 07 FJ Cruiser. We are however a full fab and design shop. If the vehicle is here we can fabricate just about anything for it. I know you are in tenn and they may not be an option for you. Please let me know if you are interested and I will be glad to help you along with this.

Thank you for the email.

Sincerely,
Mary Chadd
Safari Gard Inc.
http://www.safarigard.com
Might be good for you guys out west. I have seen their bumpers on Landrovers and they are top notch. If I lived out there, they'd be on my A-list.

Go to the SG Vehicles, go to the Kalahari, and check out the Bull Bar, Sliders and Rear Bumper with integrated reciever in it. Awesome. I must have three of those Hella FF 1000 Xenon HID's on my Fj when I get a bull bar. $550 a piece though...ouch!

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Tacoma_Tom said:
Just sent an email out to ARB to see if they're offering the bumper yet. We'll see......
Taco Tom, Give Man A Fre a call,looks like they will be one of the first to have them

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Yet another awesome reason for owning the Tacoma.... our ARB is half the price!

·
Registered
103 Posts
You can "pre-order" one here

http://www.man-a-fre.com/pa/fjcruiserbullbar.htm

I have doen buisness with these guys in the past on FJ-40 Stuff and they have always beeen great. $1K seems like alot to me until I considered that I spent more than twice this for the road-Armour setup on my Dura-Max. Which is an awsome set-up BTW. I pitty the fool that pulls out in front of me at a stop light.

·
Registered
74 Posts
why not use buying power by the numbers, like other groups do? get everybodies name and number that will commit to arb and try to get a discount for this forum group,plus they get free advertising, it my be worth a try.

61 - 78 of 78 Posts