Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FJ fam, I’m in need of some help.

Knowing that I bought this car used, I’m sure it had sat in a lot for months without the use of it’s 4wd system. I don’t necessarily know of a place here in nyc where I could casually offroad without a permit (i believe sore thumb beach, and it’s an hour away from me).

Any places you guys ever been to here? Had in mind?

FJ gods, have mercy on my newbie soul. Show me the way, so that a young man, may off road. 🛻

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have some family on Long Island. Check out the surf casting clubs. They usually have info on what beaches you can cruise, and which ones require a permit and which ones don't.

Even though it is further than you may like (2-2.5 hours), consider a trip up to the Poconos. There are tons of cool old logging roads near Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area (get a topo atlas). There are healthy populations of Bald Eagles and Black bears there, and canoeing/kayaking the Delaware River in that area is great! Additionally, there are also some cool water falls . . .

·
Registered
21 Posts
If your lucky and happen to catch a shift change, some advanced scouting may lead to some 4Wheeling around the Floyd Bennett Field in Flatbush, Brooklyn. Maybe around Aviation rd and Marine pkwy bridge. Cross marked tape areas at your own risk however.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts