Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a deal on craigslist I found for 4 new pro comp 16.5 in rims wrapped in 36in hummer tires for a stunning 750! My question is has anyone used these tires with a 6in rough country or will it not work? thanks

·
Premium Member
4,256 Posts
they are a completely different lug pattern. 8 lugs not 6. so no
Not necessarily! The ProComp wheels could be 6 lug. Just because they are Humvee take off tires doesn't mean they had the wheels on a Hummer.

I was looking at doing that for my Toyota Pickup. You can buy the Humvee take offs with 90% tread for $400/set.

EDIT:
I'm assuming they are off a Humvee...

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Have you checked to see which tires take 16.5" rims? Assuming the lug pattern fits, you're going to have a hard time finding tires. Stay away.

·
Premium Member
4,256 Posts
Have you checked to see which tires take 16.5" rims? Assuming the lug pattern fits, you're going to have a hard time finding tires. Stay away.
It all depends what the OP is looking for...

You can get the 37" military take offs(Goodyear MT's made for 16.5") all day long really cheap! They are 10ply to be bullet resistant, but that may sacrafice some on road quality...

If you want them to take off road for cheap, I say go for it!
:cheers:

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
36in military hummer tires
Thats the link, the pic doesnt show it well but the wheels almost look like 5 lug, i think they were suppose to be for a truck

·
Registered
143 Posts
They 'should' fit with rough country lift with the right backspacing wheel and if you can even find a 16.5" wheel that fits our trucks. Also consider if getting the rough country get th icon or radlflo coil-overs that work with the 6" lift.

also def going to need the body mount chop to fit tire that big

·
Premium Member
17,639 Posts
Even on a 6" lift your still going to have trouble with a 36" tire (full wheel travel and at lock)...so they won't actually perform optimally offroad. Let alone finding tires for a 16.5" wheel in the long run...but I don't believe that is even the correct bolt pattern for the FJ.

Might also want to inquire on the age of the tires.

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea nvm to much to add in to the equation, i was just wanting to know cause they seemed like a good deal, ill just stick with 35s

1 - 9 of 9 Posts