Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
I so think the FJ is gonna kill the hummer.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This H.U.T. is a answer looking for a question. A truck with no cargo room, a huv with no inside storage. Can you say Desperate, GM can.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
I so loathe that machine. What exactly were they going for? Sedan on big wheels with no trunk?

I would have to join Cali, here... LAME.

I'd consider an element LONG before I'd by anything hummer.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I agree. I actually saw one of these maybe the H1 version in a parking lot the other day when I was doing some xmas shopping. Apparently this would be great for the groceries and that is about it. I mean what else could fit in a space that narrow?

·
Premium Member
8,355 Posts
I hate how people keep comparing the FJ to the Hummer. To me they're totally different vehicles...

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Who cares about the POS h2....Doh.... is this the hummer forum? Ooooo sorry girls thought this was the FJC forum :eek:

·
Registered
650 Posts
Can we put 24" chrome wheel on this pavement king?

·
Official Field Agent
1,146 Posts
Roosterdo said:
This H.U.T. is a answer looking for a question. A truck with no cargo room, a huv with no inside storage. Can you say Desperate, GM can.
they had to do something with all the spare avalance parts they had laying around....

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I actually like the idea of a Hummer truck. GM could have done a better job with the H2T. Things I didn't like about it...
1. Unuseable truck bed. If you don't shut the tailgate and the spare, I was told by the salesperson you can't operate the truck.
2. Felt too heavy and underpowered. Didn't have good pickup for merging highways.
3. Noisy interior during highway driving.
4. Expensive for GM quality product. $53k with little or no rebates at the time of test drive.
I know that H2's are more civilize than the H1, but GM just didn't get it right.
Then again, it's GM were talking about. No surprise.

·
Official Field Agent
1,146 Posts
Tranman said:
4. Expensive for GM quality product. $53k with little or no rebates at the time of test drive.
I know that H2's are more civilize than the H1, but GM just didn't get it right.
Then again, it's GM were talking about. No surprise.
if they were to fix one of the two (quality - not likely any time soon, or price - not likely either) the H* might be worth a crap. maybe.

on the second point, it says HUMMER on it. its not supposed to be civilized. its supposed to be rugged, off road capable, and neigh-indestructable. only the off-road capable (arguably) applies for any of them that dont say HMMWV on the dash.

·
Registered
5,172 Posts
Re: H2 special edition (Hoe-maid Special Ed)

The "Cashville" TN version

The H2, H3 are related to the original (built by American General) only in the area of looks. It is now and always will be a modified Yukon/Canyon; that weighs way too much for it's undercarriage.

The following is a natural evolution of this poser-ass POS. Ever see the video where the guy snaps the tie rod end just driving up a rocky creekbed (at a crawl, I might add)?

Yes, this thing was actually in our dealership's lot last Saturday! I just had to snap a pic for you guys with my pocket PC (You want to put ya feet on my rug doncha?)

I certainly do appreciate the significance of the personalized plate

Attachments

·
Official Field Agent
1,146 Posts
Its got Running Boards! HA!

·
Registered
650 Posts
Topless4runner said:
Its got Running Boards! HA!
And chrome wheel.... Two very important upgrade for a H?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts