Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We did it last year & I think it worked out quite well (thanks to 1911 ;) ). Any interest in another Ham demo this year?

·
Catalyst
9,237 Posts
I'm very interested.

Hopefully I can figure out how to get in that club by then, but either way, I'd join in for the demo.

·
Premium Member
1,901 Posts
what ever happened to the colorado one day class? Did I miss it? Shane, do you run CB and ham? I am getting a CB set up soon and I know most just use CB but I would like to have Ham, does the FJ have enough room to run both?

·
Registered
99 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
I would be glad to be a participant in the HAM exhibition.

·
Premium Member
5,180 Posts
Now that I've actually figured out how to work my radio (for the most part), I'd be willing to try participating again. :lol:

·
Registered
453 Posts
We did it last year & I think it worked out quite well (thanks to 1911 ;) ). Any interest in another Ham demo this year?
What about:
1. A schedule for HF contacts.
2. Echolink and /or any of the other Ham-internet links.
3. Co-ordinated use of 2 meter nets. OAUSA runs a weekly net for exactly the same types of uses you would be demonstrating. This net covers a broad area and I'm sure there are other groups that might be willing to participate.
4. An ISS contact would be fun especially for kids at the demo.

I think these types of activities would help include people who can't make it to the summit feel more a part of the community

Roger
AF6XX

·
Registered
572 Posts
Myself and a buddy at lunch time caught the ISS (International Space Station) on the 2 meter radio. An ISS demo you be really neat for people to see. Most people ask me about, or make fun of my antennas, by asking, "Can you talk to the space station, hahaha?" Well yes, yes I can. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
what ever happened to the colorado one day class? Did I miss it? Shane, do you run CB and ham? I am getting a CB set up soon and I know most just use CB but I would like to have Ham, does the FJ have enough room to run both?
Shane
I am also interested in the HAM class if you get that set up.

·
Premium Member
6,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm still working on the CO ham class. One of my VEs dropped out, so if there are any general or above hams in CO. Pm me :)

·
Registered
225 Posts
I have my ticket, and hope to have a rig by the time the summit comes along. I would love to attend this.

Just cause I have my ticket does not mean I know HOW to use the radio.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Allright. Got my radio.

Yaesu FT 2900.

All installed. Would love to be involved with a HAM demo. Im really new though, so I would probably observe for now!

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
I would like to check it out too!

This isn't gonna be while we are wheeling on one of the trail ride groups is it? Just wondering if we are all signed up for trail rides when is there time for enjoying these types of informative classes?

·
Premium Member
6,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Our demo is on the schedule for 3-6 Thursday. Let's plan on 'gathering' at FJS HQ around 4:30 for a 5-5:30ish demo/question time. Does anyone want to volunteer to head things up? 1911 did a fantastic job last year. I only have 1 dual bander + handheld in the FJ, but it will work if it has to.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts