Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

121 - 131 of 131 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,421 Posts
Great write up 1911. I passed my Tech in Nov.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Passed my exam recently. Even thought they originally told me I failed, and were going to take my money to let me retake it again on the spot.

So if they tell you that you didn't pass on the first go, be sure to have someone double check the solutions as apparently, they can make mistakes when they grade. They counted wrong 4 correct answers!

·
Registered
832 Posts
A lesser known band is MURS, FM mode, quiet, and no license required.

DX FJC

I'm on my phone because I'm screwing off...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just bumping this thread. Just passed my technician, KJ7BWM. Put in a Yaesu FTM400-XDR which i'm really pleased about. I've been experimenting with APRS. I've gotten crazy with a 2nd battery and isolated power bus. I'll make a post on it over the holiday.

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
Just bumping this thread. Just passed my technician, KJ7BWM. Put in a Yaesu FTM400-XDR which i'm really pleased about. I've been experimenting with APRS. I've gotten crazy with a 2nd battery and isolated power bus. I'll make a post on it over the holiday.

Congrats on your license. That's a nice radio. I looked at it and the nice features. But in the end I installed a FT-8900.I wanted the cross band repeater function. I have a second battery dedicated to the radio and charging devices.

Looking forward to reading your write-up. KE5WRH

121 - 131 of 131 Posts